Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights

Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights

Review of "Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights"

published 08/05/2011 | Autarkis
Member since : 04/12/2008
23:01.2012: Received autism diagnosis for my precious son. Everyday is magical with my little boy.
Pro Safe alternative to the candle
Cons Don't have the distinctive smell of a real candle

"Let There Be Light"

I was intrigued when I first noticed the Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights. I thought they looked attractive, and they were a good concept. I purchased a set of the Candle Lights in July of last year as an intended Christmas present, however, when I opened the box to inspect them; I decided that I would like to keep them for myself. I love candles, and I usually have quite a few dotted around the home, as I love the ambience and relaxed atmosphere that they create. I like to be able to sit in a peaceful setting during the evening to be able to relax. Sitting in candle light is peaceful and romantic, and it brings a warm glow into the environment. I have always liked candles, and the sensual atmosphere that they create.

Candles may be inexpensive, but they soon burn down, and if you have several in use, in one room, then it can be a costly affair to be constantly be replacing them. I’m not able to use candles as often as I once did, as I have an eager active toddler, so I am limited to where I can place them, and now they mainly remain unlighted for the most part. The Philips Candle Lights seemed like the perfect solution, to be able to continue enjoying a relaxed setting without any danger or risks that are associated with candles. I was quite eager to try them out, and hoped that they would emulate a natural gentle glow of a candle.

Lighting The Way

The rechargeable Candle Lights come packaged in a sturdy white box that looks stylish. The box contains three rechargeable candles, a base, and a charger. The items are well packaged to ensure that they remain in perfect condition during transit. The wireless candles sit in the induction base unit to be charged, and this doubles up as a storage unit. The candles should be charge for 12 hours for the first time, and then they are ready to use. Once charged, they will give 20 hours of light. The beautiful white frosted glass candles are a realistic size, and are of a high quality. They sit neatly on the light grey base, and are easily positioned into the three spaces, they are not connected to it in any way they are just simply placed onto the charger unit, which is then plugged in. There is a red LED light on the centre of the base which indicates that they are charging, and once they are fully charged the light goes off.

Burning At Both Ends

I am known to relax in front of a movie in the comfort of my bed of an evening, and I can fall asleep without realising, which means that items can be left on, so I need to take care not to have anything that could be potentially dangerous left on, at times when I’m tired. I generally wake up a couple of hours later to turn everything off, as I am unable to remain asleep if I am aware of anything being on that shouldn’t be. I like to have a gentle light flickering in the evening to create a relaxing atmosphere, as I find it helps me to unwind from the day, making me relaxed ready for sleep. I thought the Candle Lights would be the perfect solution, I just hoped that that they would create a realistic and natural glow, and that they would fulfil my expectations.

As the Candle Lights are completely safe to pets and children, and they are water resistant, and wireless they can be used indoors or outdoors, they can be placed literally anywhere to provide a warm gentle glow that replicates candle light. They look pretty displayed, as they look like frosted candle holders, that are of a high quality. They are easy to operate, as they use a genius tumble switch, all that is required is a shake from side to side to ignite the light, and the same to disable the light, making them easy to use. I love this design feature, as it means I can simply turn them on when in a darkened room without having to fumble about looking for a switch, just a quick flick of the wrist and they instantly light up, giving a sufficient amount of light. This is also handy, as when I am sleepy, or have drifted off to sleep and wake to find them on, I don’t need to struggle or wake myself up to turn them off, as I can just reach out and shake them, which is probably the biggest advantage.

I love the fact that they are convenient and that they can be used anywhere, and they last for an incredible amount of time. I have used them in most rooms, as I find they are ideal and provide a gentle light to be able to relax in the evening. They create a wonderful gentle glow that is realistic, as the flameless flame flickers giving off a warm glow that looks incredibly like that of a wax candle. The beauty is that there is no wax splattering onto other surfaces, or any risks or dangers. The candle holder remains cool to the touch, even after several hours of use.

The Price of Light

These candles may be expensive initially, however, they are worth every penny, and they soon make a saving, as buying candles and replacing them can be costly over time. I use these candles every day, and whilst I love wax candles, these are as every bit as good, as they are safe, they can be used for several hours, and there is no worry if they get left on. I still like to have a few scented candles, however, traditional wax candles are pretty much a thing of the past for me now.

The Candle Lights are great for times where a torch may be required, for the sheer easiness of use, and the long life. No more searching for a match, and they can be placed anywhere without any worry. As there are three candles provided they can be placed around a room to add a good amount of gentle light. I find that they produce enough light for me to comfortably see what I am doing, and I have no need to turn on the main lights. I can also carry one down the stairs if I need to get up in the night, so there is no need to disturb others. They are also ideal to have in case of a power cut, as they are easy to keep charged, so they are always ready to use. They look great on a dining table to add a touch of romance to a mealtime, or setting the mood for other night-time activities.

I am so pleased that I decided to keep these for myself, as they have been put to good use, and they look fantastic when on, or off. I wouldn’t hesitate buying another set, as I think they are charming.

The Candle Lights retail at £30 and are available in white, blue, or red.

Available from Amazon, Play.com or directly from the Philips website.

The Philips Candle Lights add a warm glow in the evening and provide a tranquil relaxing atmosphere.

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 11/12/2015
    Lovely :)
  • sirodar published 05/06/2015
    Excellent Review :-)
  • Revo9 published 01/08/2011
    Super review! very well done :)