Review of "Photobox"

published 31/03/2015 | Picklewest
Member since : 29/01/2015
I have just learnt the term POW and apparently it's now all over
Satisfactory
Pro Easy to navigate website, online chat available
Cons I could not upload my files
Speed of processing
Efficency & Reliabilty of service
Customer service
Postage & Packing

"I had Photobox Technical Difficulties"

Photobox is an online company that allows you to upload your pictures and turn them into prints, canvasses, mugs, calendars and much much more. It can be found at http://www.photobox.co.uk

For some time I have occasionally been receiving emails from Photobox.co.uk I am not sure how they got my email address but I didn’t mind the occasional email. One day I decided to read my email and it said that I could have 30 prints for free, or £5 credit. I had in the back of my mind for a while that I would like some photos printed off and decided that now was the time.

I went onto the Photobox website and signed up. The process of signing up was really easy and so it was a good start. I then spent ages picking through all the pictures that I have and picked my favourite 30 that I would like printed off and I saved these in a folder on my desktop making them easy to identify. I picked just 30 pictures thinking I would use the offer of getting 30 free prints to see what the company was like.

The photobox website says that it is really easy to upload and use their website, I, however did not find this true. Every time I tried to upload my pictures and error occurred. I looked on the ‘help’ section but could not find a solution. I then did an online chat with a photobox employee. I must say that I didn’t find this chat particularly useful. The employee did offer suggestions but I could not do the recommended updates. As a result I had to rule out using this company and I used a competitor easy as pie.

As I didn’t successfully used Photobox I cannot give a review on every aspect of the company. It may just be a technical reason that I couldn’t upload my pictures and use this service, it is however pretty annoying.

As I say I cannot fully review this website as it didn't work for me and so I cannot comment of delivery or the finished good. I am simply giving a review on my experience trying to order from this company and so I hope that this is still useful.

I found that there was an online chat on this website was useful however the employee didn't manage to solve my problem. The website itself was well designed and easy to navigate. Overall I am disappointed with Photobox as I was unable to upload my files onto this site although I was able to on a different site I later found. At the time this was frustrating and time consuming. I am sure others found the upload process easy but unfortunately I didn't and so I cannot recommend Photobox for this reason.

• justarube published 18/02/2017