Review of "Photobox"

published 12/10/2017 | Pointress
Member since : 19/03/2014
Thanks to all those for review and rate. I think I'm back on track, but message me if I've not returned the favour of a rate.
Pro Variety of products, good quality and service
Cons Can be expensive unless you use an offer
Speed of processing
Efficency & Reliabilty of service
Customer service
Postage & Packing

"Look out for the deals on Photobox"

My creations page

My creations page

While the rest of my life verges on near chaos most of the time, the one area where I am meticulously ordered is my photographs. I have always loved photographing the significant and not so significant events in my life. As a teenager, I was the one who always turned up with a little Kodak instamatic camera to record parties, gatherings and visits. Every photo would be put into an album and so now I have shelves and shelves of albums spanning my 50+ years. The children mock me that the one thing they won’t need to sort out on my departure from this world is my photographs.

~~~ Photobox ~~~
In this digital age, I now have a well ordered file structure containing all my photos on my computer but I’ve kept up with the albums too. For me, I just love being able to take a break and look back through albums of yesteryear and actually they have at times been a very useful record of events. For a time I printed my own photographs but depending on the particular printer we had, the results were not always of the quality I would like and we went through colour ink at an alarming rate. So, I have over the years tried a number of online printing services including BonusPrint, DSColour Labs and Snapfish. I’ve even tried Costco. However I find myself increasingly loyal to Photobox, a large print company claiming to have more than 30 million users in over 19 different countries across Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Moonpig is also part of the same group.
~~~ A huge range of choice ~~~
You can get all sorts of things printed nowadays from the regular prints in numerous sizes to cushions, mugs and phone covers. It seems the possibilities for personalising everyday items are endless. Personally I’ve had jigsaws, calendars, canvas prints, photobooks, invitations and cards all printed.

There is a huge range of options for ‘regular’ photo prints – you can get standard, enlargements and passport photos. You can get square prints (#instragram) and even retro prints that look like old Polaroid photos. Then of course there are all the other options …. ! My latest purchase was a number of large posters and here again the choice was enormous – 8 sizes of rectangular posters, 5 size of square, 3 sizes of panoramic, each one available in classic (one photo) or collage format, with a gloss or matt finish and on standard or pro (thicker) paper.
~~~ Using it ~~~
The photobox website is pretty easy to navigate and use. Once you’ve created an account you can start to load your photos which can be saved in various albums. For regular prints, you simply select the photos from your album and click the print option. Before you commit to purchasing the prints in your shopping basket you can review the size of the prints you are after and make any necessary adjustments, for example cropping the photo to the right size. An unhappy face will appear for any image that is not the right resolution for the size of print you have selected.

Creations – if you are after a personalised item such as a mug you can select the option for the huge range of products and then start to add the photos to the item. The design can all be saved to your account in a ‘My Creations’ section which you can play around with until you are happy with the design and decide to go ahead and purchase.

~~~ Look out for offers ~~~
Some of the print options are expensive and I’ve learnt to look out for special offers. They make a huge difference. For instance, when I started to think about those large posters I mentioned, I waited for a deal to come along. The full price for a 45 x 30 inch poster is £22. I made a huge saving by taking up an option to buy poster credits and together with a repeat customer voucher I got them for £8 per poster. Having purchased the credits, I then had a month to put the posters together before finally pushing the go button. Saving versions in ‘My Creations’ meant that I could dip in and out when I had the time and slowly put the posters together. I wanted to make various themed collages and the software gave me lots of options to arrange the photos as I wanted, adding borders and text etc. Again, any prints that may not print well, are flagged so you are able to resize them or of course select an alternative image. I found the editing software all very intuitive and I am so pleased with the finished articles.

I’ve made a number of photobooks in the past too. It is time consuming to put these together but I love doing them and have created a number for friends and family to mark special occasions. Again, I always look out for the offers because without them, creating a book can be expensive. A 30 20x20 cm page book starts at £30.
~~~ Delivery ~~~
Having ordered your prints and creations, the turnaround is pretty quick. Within days, regular prints are despatched; other creations may take a little longer to be despatched. They are always well packaged and most importantly the quality is great.
~~~ Recommended ~~~
You can tell that I am a fan of Photobox. I have never been disappointed with the quality of the printing and I find the interface easy to use. There is so much on offer that I am confident that you will find what you need whether that be a personalised gift of just some photo prints. Do however always look for the special offers and save up your printing so that you can use one of the discounts based on a minimum spend. Photobox can offer great value if you wait for the right deal.

• euphie published 17/10/2017