The overall rating of a review is different from a simple average of all individual ratings.
Share this review on
The chance to own such a TV comes around only when you have usually :-
1. Robbed a bank 2. Landed a windfall 3. Bought one knock off from the local pub 4. Borrow your rich mates flat and claim you live there
I actually managed to look after my mates flat and lo and behold his new toy was sat in corner or should I say the wall was built around the TV!!
There is every single sort of option which you could ever need in a TV including its own tuner, so one hell of a lot less cables! This baby is HDTV enabled which means it's going to be future proof for a long time to come. The screen size does come in various sizes but I had chance to watch the 50" version which is the grand-daddy of them all, smaller screen sizes equate to lower prices. The pciture quality is SUPERB!!! It simply knocks the socks of my JVC 32", my JVC ain't bad but this is great!
The main goodies are :-
* Screen Size: 50-inch * 16:9 Aspect Ratio * Resolution: 1280 x 768 * True Matrix Imaging with Deep Waffle Rib Structure * Direct Colour Filter * Advanced Super CLEAR Drive * High-definition display (True and Wide XGA) * Brightness: 1000 cd/m2 * Contrast Ratio: 1100:1 * Viewing Angle: more than 160° (Hor/Ver) * 3 Line Digital Comb Filter: PAL/NTSC (Main & Sub) * Dynamic HD Converter * Video Signals: PAL/SECAM/NTSC3.58/NTSC4.43/PAL60/HD/PC * PC Signals: VGA/SVGA/XGA/Wide XGA * AV mode: 4:3/Full/Zoom/Cinema/Wide * PC mode: 4:3/Full/Dot by Dot * Picture-in-Picture Display * Dual Screen Display * Home Gallery * DNR Digital Noise Reduction * MPEG NR Noise Reduction * Colour Management * Natural Enhancer * Digital Flicker Free * Digital CTI (Colour Transient Improvement) * Dynamic Range Expander * Still Picture * CTI (Colour Transient Improvement) * Colour Temperature Adjustment * Pure Cinema * AV Selection (Programmed Picture): Standard/Dynamic/Movie/Game/User * Wide Screen Signalling (WSS)
* Reception System: PAL BG/I/DK, SECAM BG/DK/L/L' * Stereo / Dual Sound: NICAM UK/SK/FR, CCIR A2 BG/DK * Child Lock * Auto Channel Search / Labelling / Sort * Number of Preset Channels: 99 * Teletext: CEEFAX/FLOF/TOP (with TOP Over View Page) * Teletext Page Memory: 2100 pages * Teletext Picture and Text (Dual Screen) * Electronic Programme Guide (EPG): NexTView * Sleep Timer
* System capability: DVB-T compliant * Modulator output: VHF CH5-12, UHF CH21-69/PAL BG/I, SECAM DK/L * Loop through Yes * Video decoding: MPEG2 MP@ML * Audio decoding: MPEG1 Layer 1&2 * Digital Teletext: (MHEG 5) Yes * EPG Yes
* Input 1: AV In, RGB In, TV Out * Input 2: AV In/Out, S-video In, Y'Pb'Pr' In, i/o Link.A * Input 3: AV In/Out, RGB In, S-video In, i/o Link.A, HDMI In * Monitor Out (RCA pin): AV Out, S-video Out * Input 4 (Front): AV In, S-video In * PC (Front): D-sub15 In, Stereo Mini Jack (Audio) * Headphone (Front): Stereo Mini jack * Subwoofer Out: RCA pin * SR Control In/Out: Mini Jack x2 * i/o Link.A select * Digital audio out (optical) * Common interface slot * HDMI Compatible This thing can be hooked up to a PC and if you want to use your PC as a DVD player through it then so be it. My own personal preference is not to bother, too many wires and when you have a thing like this do you really want to spoil the view of the TV with your old PC? Why bother with an old PC multimedia system with this you have one already built! It's possible to watch all your normal TV channels and all the Freeview ones as well. You want a hi-fi? No problem simple listen to DAB quality music through your in built tuner and then project it through the surround system.
Noise can be a little tinny but this is the only minor fault I could find with this system. There is no way I could go through all the various options on this system, simply way too many. I think the price is a little high and you shop around and offer ready cash you should be able to get a little knocked off for the price. £3500 is a lot of money but I paid £500 for my JVC and sooner or later HDTV will become the norm. Believe me you do not need to by a hi-fi system with this machine, this could save £1000 already if you want a decent hi-fi, when you start to weight things up £3500 does seem that much. I think I'll wait until things come down in price and then see if I can get one cheaper.
If you have the money BUY you will not regret, if not then just drool!!
pioneer pdp 505 xde original remote control buy it now 178 66 genuine remote control for ... more
pioneer pdp 505 xde 100 genuine remote control supplied by manufacturer in certain cases you may receive direct alternative supplied from supplier when original remote control not available payment information we accept the following payment methods cheques postal orders uk only items will be dispatched once your cheque postal order has been received and accepted process takes around 5 7 days on the reverse