mobilerad... 4

mobileradiofitter

About me: I own and run a company in Weston super mare, offering a mobile fitting service to the southwest. mobileradiofitter.co.uk. We buy, sell and fit many products, with lots of hands on experience. Or aim is to use modern tech to help us in the real world..

Member since:23.02.2011

Pioneer TS-G1012i custom fit car speakers

13.11.2011

Advantages:
Ease of fitting, overall sound, Build quality and price

Disadvantages:
none noted

How is the overall Sound Quality?

Bass Quality

1. Wee_Jackie_163
  1. doriee.jay
  2. TheHairyGodmother
  3. Alyson29

A very common issue is damaged speakers in Mercedes Vito's, Sprinters and the lower dash board Mitsubishi Shogun's.
All these vehicles have a paper cone type speaker which get damaged over time.

In the typical vans that have a four inch speaker on the top of the dash board, There's never alot of depth space restricting the size of speaker you choose.

These Pioneer TS-G1012i are ideal. Being a custom fit speaker the speaker fixings can be snapped of easily if required. and in a Vito or Sprinter van it is required to remove one of them to get them to fit properly.
The speakers themselves are quite shallow measuring only 43mm deep, and even though the tweeter part sticks out a little it's only another 5mm.
The overall circumference is 100mm with the speaker fixing lugs sticking out another 8mm. Making them ideal for most applications. However if you need any assistance just call your mobile radio fitter. fitting 9/10

The design of Pioneer TS-G1012i is clean and simple. Black and grey finish. and the covers which come in the box are very nice looking. and also a black finish. Finish 9/10

The build quality is again typical Pioneer, very good with attention to detail. Build quality 9/10

I was surprised with the sound. even though the speaker is a 10 cm type, The overall sound quality is good. offering lots of mid range. Giving clear vocals, the tweeters brighten the sound up nice and a small amount of bass can be heard.
They are rated at 120 watts peak and 25 watts rms. RMS is the continuous or music power that the speaker will play all day long. Sound quality 7/10

Matched up with a set of 165mm bass speakers and these Pioneers the sound would be very good.
I found these at several web site shops for £39.99. worth every penny.

So overall I would score the Pioneer TS-G1012i speakers 8/10
Would I have them in my car.... yes, but only to compliment a set of 6x9inch speakers or a set of 6.5 inch.
Pictures of Pioneer TS-G1012I
Pioneer TS-G1012I Pioneer 4 inch speakers - Pioneer TS-G1012I
Pioneer TS-G1012I

Write your own review Write a review and you will earn 2p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful. Write a review and you will earn 2p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful.   Report a problem with this review’s content

Add the first comment!

Pioneer TS-A6923I

Car Speakers - Pair of Speakers - Built-In - Oval - Passive Speakers - 400 Watt

Pioneer TS-G1022I

Pioneer TS-G1022I

Car Speakers - Pair of Speakers - Built-In - Round - Passive Speakers - 190 Watt - Diameter: 100

Pioneer TS-WX110A

Pioneer TS-WX110A

Car Speakers - Subwoofer - Surface Mounted Speakers - Oval - Active Speakers - 150 Watt

Are you the manufacturer / provider of Pioneer TS-G1012I? Click here