Review of "Pipe Cutter, Cleaner & Strap Kit"

published 25/04/2012 | randy_edith
Member since : 25/09/2011
Well I didn't dig the hole deep enough and now something's dug poor Gertie back up, I think it's a fox, it's very upsetting to see
Pro It is easy to use and very handy
Cons None
Performance

"Lovely pipe cutter and very handy to have"

Pipe Cutter in yellow which came with my kit

Pipe Cutter in yellow which came with my kit

My next door neighbour makes models from copper pipes and I had had my pipe cutter, cleaner and strap kit in my garden shed for a long time, ever since I had bought it to plum in my new kitchen sink. My daughter wanted me to get the man in but it is better to do a job yourself if you can. I bought the set for £11.99 and it was far better to buy the whole kit because it came not only with the copper pipe cutter, but the set also came with the cleaner and strap too. I mainly only have used the pipe cutter though.

My neighbour has borrowed my pipe cutter from time to time for making his copper pipe models as he says it has a better grip than his does and I have used mine for making my own models after I had plumbed in my sink in my kitchen.

The pipe cutter is lovely and it is very handy and in yellow and it can cut pipes from as small as 3mm all the way up to a very large and impressive 30mm. The set also came with the smaller pipe cutter which cuts pipes up to 322mm and this is handy for when I am cutting more awkward areas of pipes either when I am plumbing something in or making my pipe models.

The strap wrench fits from 150mm to 500mm and there is also the very handy and useful pipe cleaner. The pipe cutter is very easy to use and you don’t any instructions because it is easy. I just adjust the little knob at the top of the cutter and the pipe is cut in half. I tend to use the wrench for getting awkward jam jar lids off as I don’t like to knock at the neighbour’s to ask him.

This pipe cutter is a very useful little tool and though I don’t use it much for DIY now as my sink is fine, it is used a lot for my copper pipe models and I am pleased and very impressed with it.

I recommend it toy you.