Review of "Pixi Double Cleanse"

published 04/04/2017 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro double cleanse
Cons none
How does it affect your skin?
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Balmy about this cleanser!"

Pixi Double Cleanse

Pixi Double Cleanse

When I saw the beauty editor from the Guardian 'bigging up' the latest cleanser from Pixi Beauty, I knew I had to try it. I'd discovered the Body Shop camomile cleansing balm which is a totally different style of cleansing. This has a double effect with a balm side and a cream side and quite frankly, I was gagging to try it!

The introduction
I did find out quite quickly that this is an expensive product, and it didn't put me off! I decided to set myself the goal of finishing my Camomile BodyShop range before buying it simply because I need to use up my supplies before buying more as I have a room full of skincare that I am working through. My colleagues must have tired of me going on about this though as I discovered on my birthday that they had only gone and bought me a pot of the stuff!

In use
The pot comes with two halves; a cream cleanser and a balm. You can use either or both to remove your make up. I find the balm just melts on to the skin and is very effective at removing make up. The recommended route is as follows: Step 1: Apply a coin size amount of cleansing oil onto dry skin. Massage into skin. Remove with moist facecloth. Step 2: Now follow by applying a coin size amount of cleansing cream onto skin, massage thoroughly, remove with moist facecloth. I prefer to cleanse with this on an evening rather than morning so I can take my time and let the cream and oil work its magic.

What they say
Experience a two in one cleansing regime with Pixi Double Cleanse; a unique jar that houses a solid cleansing oil and a luxe cleansing cream. Created in collaboration with skincare expert Caroline Hirons, the cleanser works to offer superior night time cleansing with minimal effort.

Going beyond simply cleansing twice, Caroline created two different formulas with two different functions. Begin by treating the face to the solid cleansing oil; the formula is ideal for removing makeup and/or sunscreen. Enriched with a skin-loving blend of Vitamin E, Camellia oil and Evening Primrose oil, the cleanser hydrates the complexion and leaves skin conditioned and protected.

Once daily dirt and grime has been eliminated from skin with the solid oil, the luxe cleansing cream provides a further and more nourishing cleanse for the skin. Utilising a Peptide Complex, the formula is designed to reduce the appearance of fine lines, whilst encouraging a visibly plumped complexion. The rich cream prepares skin for the following steps of the skincare regime.

Expect a thorough cleanse that leaves skin clean, refreshed and youthful.

Price
This is £24 and can be bought online from websites like Look Fantastic and Cult Beauty and also in store from M&S which stocks a few items by Pixi Beauty. The price does not really vary so it's worth trying to find a discount code to get it a little cheaper.

My thoughts
I really like this dual cleanser, it's excellent for removing make up. The collaboration is certainly a popular one and combines great skincare with knowledge. I like the concept of this and have had great fun using it. I still like the Bodyshop balm but I'd say equally compared to the Pixi cleanser. The claim of this cleanser lives up to its results and I will definitely repurchase it in the future, even at that price! It will be interesting to see which side is used up first.

• 2mennycds published 07/04/2017
    vh
  • JasonJRogers published 06/04/2017
    Great review!
  • kiss_me2070 published 06/04/2017
    Good review.

offers "Pixi Double Cleanse"