rayray198... 5

rayray1986

Member since:09.03.2010

Fantastic photos and excellent value for money!

09.03.2010

Advantages:
Great value for money

Disadvantages:
only that i had to wait to get them back when i was egar to get them !

Speed of processing

Efficency & Reliabilty of service

Customer service

Postage & Packing

2 Ciao members have rated this review on average: helpful See ratings
  1. kevin121
  2. TheHairyGodmother

I recently used one of the pixifoto studios based inside a Mothercare to have photos done of myself and my partner ( yes you heard right - no children involved in this shoot!)
I heard about them throught a friend who had some done who said they were fantastic and great value for money and the photographer was fantstic with her child.
I was unsure at first as we have no children but to my suprise they took just couples also!
We booked for a saturday as this as most convinent for us, we paid £15 for the session at the time of the booking - this is so the booking is secured as your time with the photographer and we aslo got a free 12x10 portrait, ok so this was the 1st pose taken but the photographer told us if we were not happy we could have it deleted and tried again, we did this once!
We were made aware before hand that saturdays were very busy - they were not wrong! which in my opinion is fantatstic service, its good to be prepaired, i think if i had turned up to be told we were going to have to wait for hlaf hr before going without first knowing i would have been dissapointed - especially if i had a child - which in my case i didnt so being told I needed to wait was not an issue. I could see why they were over running - working with children can be hard work, they are not performing monkeys after all, time and care needs to be taken, i think the photographers have fantastic patience - i dont think i could do it!

When our turn came the photographer apologised for keeping us, but when inside she made us feel comfortable, asking us how our weekend was, how long we had been together which was lovely for her to engage in coversation - we even joked about how qucik and easy this would be compared to having children in!

We got some fantastic photos they were really lovely nd a fantastic vareity of backgrounds i didnt even know they could do- i loved the shadow effect ones she did using just one light - which when went off left us with dots in our eyes!
When it was our turn to view the pictures, - wow! thats all i can say, they made some beautiful composits and turned some into black and white and sepia, they were amazing.
We knew we wanted to buy some as the plan was to give out to family as we had been together 5 years and engaged for a year and half, we got to view them all and she told us at the end that she had framed them all for us on this floating frame - which was lovely the picture was sat inside a black rim frame that sat off the wall, well when she showed us the price for every picture with every frame we were really suprised at the price £800 for everything with frames! now i know its expensive BUT in my opinion that is value for money compared to Venture, who you could pay that amount for one picture in a frame and I was looking at about 15-20 ish!
Admitedly i would have loved to buy all but could not afford to do this so we narrowed down to our favs, we got a fantastic collection which compromised of one 8x10 on a floating frame one 10x20 in black and white 2 8x10s and a couple of 7x5's with keyrings and 7x5's ( which only come as a set of 2 together of the same picture) we also brought frames for the pictures so we didnt have to worry about this when we got them, in total we paid about £230 for the whole lot which was a fantastic deal in my eyes.

I definatly will be going back to pixifoto when i have a baby as i thought they gave fantastic customer service throughout and are great value for money!

Add the first comment!