november_... 3

november_special

Member since:22.04.2011

The Photo Studio for People with Money To Spare !

23.04.2011

Advantages:
Good time - keeping, Nice setting with friendly photographer, Brilliant photos with varied poses  : 0)

Disadvantages:
The quality of the 'freebie' print, The overall cost of the prints  : 0(

Speed of processing

2. TheHairyGodmother
  3. Myredpip
  1. kevin121
  2. torr

Me and my husband took our two daughters aged 2 and 8 to one of the PixiFoto studios permanently based in a Mothercare store.

We arrived afew minutes early for our appointment and were told to walk round the store for afew minutes until they were ready. We didn't have to wait long and were then shown straight into the room.

I had paid £9.99 in advance the previous day for the sitting and the free 10x12 print. In all honesty this would of satisfied me. All I really wanted was a single print of my daughters posed together for myself and family to order copies of. However this isn't how studios work (?) and you are given the whole sitting regardless.

The free print is the first photo they take which I think is a very unfair part of the company as let's bear in mind that the children have only just walked in and have yet to get used to the situation and the camera. I was aware of being able to get them to take another but I sensed that this was not part of the plan and was irritating for them to have to do this.

The sitting itself I thought was good. It lasted approx 20 minutes which I think is ideal when little ones start to lose interest. My daughters were on their best behaviour and the photographer was able to get them to do various poses. She was friendly and kind to them although I sensed irritability and tension in her voice when my 2 year old wouldn't keep her mouth closed and just got on and smiled.

Afterwards we were told to come back in 15 minutes to view the photos. These were ready when we returned although we had left it approx 30 minutes. We stood there looking at them on the computer screen with the photographer stood beside us which I found slightly invasive. I think they should give people afew minutes to browse by themselves. I instantly disliked all of the photos with a coloured back-drop which included the free print. They looked dated and gave my daughters' garish skin and hair tones :0( However the photos with the white back-drops were lovely and modern and my daughters' looked so beautiful :0)

Sadly the cost of the photo's were very expensive I thought and for the moment we have only ordered a copy of one of the prints - my personal favourite of my girls laying down side by side, holding hands with the camera above them. If I had ordered the other prints I liked we wouldn't of had much change from £200. This further infuriates me with the free print. I think you should be able to choose out of the final selection so I would be going home with two gorgeous photos instead of just one :0(

The prints can be collected in about 2 weeks but I have to travel 30 miles back again to pick them up as they don't post them. Yet more cost for us :0(

I would advise anyone going to PixiFoto to be prepared to spend a couple of hundred pounds. It's the worst feeling having to turn down gorgeous photos of your children. Save up some money and it will be a nice experience !

november_special 25.04.2011 12:31

:0(((( I have just seen an advert today whereby I should of paid £4.99 instead of £9.99 aswell !!!

KateHurst 23.04.2011 00:18

I am seriously stunned that they wouldn't post them to you for the price you paid - I don't think that's very impressive at all.