Pixmania.co.uk (Before November 2010)

Pixmania.co.uk (Before November 2010)

Computers & Electronics

Review of "Pixmania.co.uk (Before November 2010)"

published 12/01/2005 | hellkat
Member since : 06/10/2004
Pro Very efficient, good prices
Cons Can't think of any

"Pleasantly surprised by Pixmania"

As the mixed reviews of Pixmania appeared to show that they had improved their customer service, I decided to give them a shot.

I accessed the site thru a rather worthwhile price comparison link on Ciao, otherwise I would never have heard of them. I am glad I did!

The website was bright and easy to negotiate. I found what I wanted (an Olympus Camedia C160) very easily, and ordered one, along with a 128Mb card and a carrying pouch, with extreme ease.

The articles for sale are able to be purchased singly or included in pre-chosen bundles. I am not sure whether you can order "odd" things separately, but I found a bundle that suited me very quickly.

The payment method was painless, via my Electron card. I was pleased to discover that the Pixmania pick-up centre is just down the road from me, but I opted for the "deliver to my front door" option, as the delivery price of £9 included either option. Figured I may as well sit on my bum and wait for delivery, as I am indoors most of the time anyway (and its too cold to go out to Fulham Broadway, LOL).

The Pixmania website states that delivery is normally within 24-48 hours, but as I was ordering it on the weekend, I did not expect that it would arrive by Monday morning.

What I did receive was a very polite phone call on Monday morning, checking on some aspect of confirmation of my delivery address. Once this was done, shortly afterwards, I received a confirmation email that the goods were being despatched, when to expect them, and details of how to track the item (should I need to).

But I didn't need to, because this morning the camera arrived, all intact.

The goods were as described, and I got manuals in English as well as French, German and Italian, and all the accompanying paperwork, if not always with English as the first language, then it had an English version on every single piece of paper.

It even came with a British adapter for continental mains plugs (although as I had neglected to order a mains connection, I didnt get one of those, drat, I shall have to go and order one). But it DID have batteries in the package, so I could literally load the camera up and use it. Fantastic!

A simple transaction, and very smooth indeed.

• L0BSTER_QUADRILLE published 12/01/2005