mumsymary 5

mumsymary

About me: 0`·.,¸¸,.·´0`·.,¸¸,.·0`·.,¸¸,. ·´''Happy Easter*·.,¸¸,.·´0`·.,¸¸,.·0`·. ,¸¸,.·´0

Member since:23.09.2002

Video reviews:1

Classic Play Doh

20.05.2012

Advantages:
easy to use

Disadvantages:
colour blends

44 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Coloneljohn
  2. Saintly31
  3. Alyson29

I opened a new pot of Play Doh last week it was one of the classic pots. This classic set of 4 included blue, yellow, red and white. These pots contain 5 oz /141G which is a good size to play with and make something.

The tubs which the Play Doh is in are strong plastic with a lid that fits tightly. These classic colours usually come in a set of 4 bound together in a card sleeve.

I opened a pot of the classic blue play doh, the smell hit me immediately I got it out of the pot, play doh remind me of marzipan, almond scent.

Non-toxic Play doh is suitable for children over 2 years old , I was using it with older special needs children, The classic colours are what I call true colours so they are good for early colour identification for children to learn the names of the colours. When I give the play doh to the children I usually say here is the blue or appropriate colour name or ask what colour play doh would you like. If it’s a child who still has problems with colour identification While the children are playing with it I will say I like your blue / or appropriate colour model.

This classic play doh is the same as other play doh except for the colours. . Play doh is very easy to use

Play doh is a soft malleable substance that can be squished and squeezed rolled into balls rolled out with a rolling pin. Either cut into flat shapes with cutters of freehand moulded into shapes cakes animals , It is possible to get extruders which make good strands of play doh these get used for hair on a playdoh head I have been the model for many play doh head with medusa like hair. The world of experience is a child’s limit.

I am careful when a child shows me their creation as I often have no idea what there play doh model represents and I say that’s lovely or I like your model , tell me about it. Sometimes I ask the children to make me a specific object, like a cake, and then when given the play doh cake I pretend to eat it. Yummy umm.

Not only do we use this for art modelling purposes it gets used to exercise hand muscles squeezing a ball of play dough in the hand is good exercise.

While we were playing with this classic blue play doh we also had the red play doh out. Trying to stop the children using both the colours together was nearly impossible and some did get mixed up. I spent ages trying to pick the colours out before they got blended.

Blended coloured play doh is not good , we have a rather large quantity of old mud brown dirty looking doh, where many colours have been squashed and squeezed together.

Be careful play doh does not get dropped onto the carpet and squashed in The Hasbro website http://www.hasbro.com/playdoh/en_US/FAQ.cfm gives advice. They say allow play doh to dry then loosen with a stiff brush vacuum clean and wash with cold water and soap .

I say its difficult to get Play Doh up and there is often a mark left on carpet so protect carpet or use on solid flooring best solution

A tub of Play Doh should last a long time being played with over and over again. Take pictures of your child’s models rather than saving the play doh models then you can show all the family the masterpieces.

Play doh is a great modelling medium for young children. Yes I would defiantly recommend these classic play doh pots.

You can buy the set of 4 classic play doh at
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Play-Doh-Classic-Colours-4-Pack/dp/B005A4P3B2 for £3.99 or at http://www.toysdirect.com and http://www.kerrisontoys.co.uk for £2.99

Saintly31 26.05.2012 12:45

i absolutly loved this stuff as a kid although i dont think the carpets apreciated it.

Alyson29 26.05.2012 11:47

I've never had the pleasure of playing with this x

JasonJRogers 21.05.2012 15:56

Ahh...remember the ole play doh...great review!