Play.com

Review of "Play.com"

published 26/03/2012 | KatKitty812
Member since : 26/03/2012
Pro None whatsoever
Cons Rubbish service, Items dont arrive and they keep your money for over a month
Layout & Design
Navigation
Site content & information
Range of services/products
Prices

"Play.Com - Absolutely shocking service - will never use again"

I ordered a SD card from them as they were on promotion on 15th February 2012. After 5 days of not hearing from them as to whether the item had been dispatched I logged into my account to check what had been happening. Unfortunately I had not realised that my credit card details saved were an old card. I was suprised that I had not had an email from Play informing me that the card was not accepted, but I added a new card and the payment went through on the 21st February 2012.

I then received a dipatch note and was eagerly awaiting my item, however sadly nothing ever arrived, after checking their 'where's my item' section on their help page I learned I had to wait 15 working days before submitting a claim. I sent an email 2 days before the 15 day policy asking why I had not been informed that the credit card was not accepted and received a response saying I had to wait another 2 days to make a claim for missing items, totally bypassing my questions.

Eventually I made a claim on 14th March 2012 and was sent a form that had to be signed and posted back to them which I did the same day. I had no response or acknowledgement email from them and by 23rd March I sent another email expressing my disgust at their lack of customer service. They had the benefit of my payment for over a month.

I then receieved a standard response mail stating that they had processed my refund at 10pm on 23rd and should expect the funds to reach my account within 3-5 working days, so another week of interest for them.

In my opinion their customer service is shocking, they do not read your emails and certainly cannot answer for their poor service.

I am never going to buy from them again even if their prices are cheaper than Amazon.

I will continue to use Amazon as their customer service is second to none.