Playdays

Playdays

Review of "Playdays"

published 13/05/2004 | Scaramouche
Member since : 09/05/2004
Pro Great for children of most ages
Cons Not on very much anymore, Peggy Patch
How good are the presenters?
How good is the content?
How does it compare to similar programmes?
Is it funny?
How good are the characters?

"Why Bird, Peggy Patch etc."

The basic idea was that there was the Playbus which drove around and stopped at several different places:

The Why Bird stop ~ Why Bird and the current bus driver found out about things on Whybird's computer, and filed things that had been left on the bus.

The Tent stop ~ the best one, they had to find their costumes in a big box, and then they acted out stories. Okay, so the stories were very simple, and often looking back, a little dull, but as a little kid I loved them.

The Roundabout stop ~ had a roundabout, lots of singing, and Mr Jolly.

The Patch Stop ~ Peggy Patch and friends go on adventures. Often in a field. They would find twigs and leaves and think they were interesting. They weren't. Even as a small child I hated it when the Patch Stop came on.

The Dot stop ~ although I don't think this was very often. Dot never spoke, and my only real memory of this stop was that she ran through some numbers, teaching us to count...or something...

Later on there was also the Poppy Stop, which was about a cat called Poppy. Peggy Patch and Why Bird often made appearences.

Looking back I realise that this programme wasn't the best, but I still have fond memories of it because as a child I loved it, and couldn't wait for it to be on. I don't think it's shown on television any more, but if you can find videos then get them, small children will still love it.

• loafster published 15/10/2005
    I hated the patch stop aswell! The tent stop was awesome. I think there was also a play stop......
  • jillmurphy published 18/05/2004
    My son always liked the Why Bird best!

Product Information : Playdays