Playmobil - For ages: 4 Years +

Review of "Playmobil City Life 6866 School Bus"

published 12/08/2017 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Good
Pro good quality, strong, easy to assemble, reasonable price
Cons flip flops keep coming off figure's feet, doesn't do much

"City Life Is Going To School On The Bus."

= = = = = =
The Product
= = = = = =
Whilst I was away on holiday with my sister and nephews, my nephews of course had some money to spend which their Grandad had given them, so naturally a couple of days before they were due to leave they wanted to spend their money in the local Toy Master shop that is in Weymouth. My youngest nephew still plays with Playmobil every now and again and he spotted this School Bus which he immediately liked. Me and my sister tried to convince him to get something a little better or something that does a bit more than this but he was adamant that he wanted the school bus, so that’s what he ended up buying with his money. This school bus is part of the ‘City Life’ range and has a number of different features to it. The roof to the drivers cab and the passenger area and removeabl meaning you can place the three mini figures that come with the bus easily and you can easily take them out again. The rear seats in the back of the bus also fold down to make more room for up to 6 passengers. The bus is a bright yellow colour and the side door opens to enable the figures to get in and out of the bus easily. This playmobil bus is suitable for children aged 4-10yrs of age and is made from plastic. There is some assembly that is required, before being able to play with the bus. The playmobil pieces come in a box along with a leaflet with assembly instructions. The small pieces of playmobil are separated into bags. On the front of the box you can clearly see the model already made up and it shows some features of the product.

Price/Availability
= = = = = = = =
This was purchased from Toy Master for around £19.99, but it can be purchased from Amazon for around £22.35. You may also be able to purchase it from other toy shops as well.

= = = =
Assembly
= = = =
The first step in putting the bus together is to put the white centres into the tyres and then attach them to the bus. My nephew whom is 6yrs old managed to put the centres into the tyres, but wasn’t able to push them hard enough for them to click onto the plastic bits coming out from the bus. There is a small tow hook which just pushes in to the back of the bus fairly easily. My nephew peeled off the number plates and stuck these onto the front and the back of the bus. Using the small yellow tool provided you need to put the red square pieces onto the bottom of the seats and these then get pushed to the sections inside the bus. The final step in building the bus is to put the windows and roof on the bus. You can then build the figures which are simple to make. My nephew made the figures himself without any help. The assembly instructions are very clear when trying to put the bus and the figures together.

= = = = = = = = = =
Playing with the Bus
= = = = = = = = = =
Although my nephew really wanted this bus, I think I actually saw him play with it twice when we were away as he seemed to prefer playing with his normal cars than he did with this bus which is a shame. The bus is a reasonable size (34.8x12.5x24.8cm) and it’s easy to push the bus along carpet, thick rugs and across wood flooring. The roof to the drivers cab and for the passengers comes off easily so my nephew is able to put the small figures of the boy and girl that came with the bus in and out very easily. The bus seems very strong, but I find that a lot of the playmobil is made very well and is very strong, so we weren’t disappointed by this. If the bus happens to get dirty it can be wiped with a damp cloth with the bus being made from plastic. As the bus has a tow hook on the back it does mean you can attach something else to the back of you have another playmobil vehicle. Sometimes when my older nephew plays with this, he pretends it’s a work bus and that it’s taking all the builders to work on his construction site, so he often tows a small trailer behind the bus with cone and various other things in it. The boy and girl mini figures that came with the bus are good but their flip flops fall off their feet all the time and we can’t seem to get them to stay standing up due to the flip flops, so my nephew prefers to keep them off of the mini figures, otherwise he gets annoyed with them falling off all the time.

Overall Opinion
= = = = = = = =
This school bus is a fun toy, whether someone has playmobil already or not; although it does make a great addition to the Playmobil City range. The bus is strong and is easy to assemble, as it has minimal instructions to it. Although my nephew didn’t really assemble much of the bus himself, I think he probably could have done it with minimal help. Once built the bus is a good size and its very eye catching due to the yellow colour of the bus. The mini figures that come with the set are good; although I do understand why my nephew gets annoyed with the flip flops on the two small children figures as they do tend to fall off a lot of the time, so these are bound to get lost very easily. You can’t really do much with the bus apart from push it along and put passengers in and take them out again so I do think it’s a little boring. In terms of value I think the price my nephew paid was reasonable, but me and my sister do think he would have been better off getting something else that we think he would have enjoyed playing with a lot more. The quality of the school bus is good but I do think there are more exciting Playmobil products to purchase than this.

• NBCMad92 published 05/09/2017
    vh
  • IzzyS published 20/08/2017
    Good review.
  • jb0077 published 19/08/2017
    vh

offers "Playmobil City Life 6866 School Bus"