Polaroid Pocket/ I-ZONE

Polaroid Pocket/ I-ZONE

Analogue Cameras - Compact - Instant - without Built-in Flash - without Red Eye Reduction

Review of "Polaroid Pocket/ I-ZONE"

published 21/06/2001 | michellewood
Member since : 27/05/2001
Pro easy to use, convient, one of the kind.
Cons cost of film and poor focus
Picture Quality
Range & Quality of Features
Ease of Use
Reliability

"Fun way to shoot photographs"

I've always been a big supporter of polaroid film. The only things that I don't care much for is their polaroid camera. I used polaroid film for my 4x5 or medium format, and even the 35mm slide film is one of my favorite film of all time. But they really don't make great camera for their film.

I-zone was a different case for me. I got one when it first came out, was not too impress at first because it's very much like all the other Polaroid cameras. The camera itself is focus free and automatic flash settings. Unlike the earlier ones of polaroid camera, this one you actually have to insert battery because the battery is not in the film pack itself.

The only thing about all Polaroid camera is it's easy and convient. I-zone camera is a very fun way to shoot, not because it has a sticky back where you can have a photo sticker, but it has so much accessories that you could play with as well. Which is a very interesting concept for Polaroid because they never had much accessories with any of their products.

I got the I-zone digital camera a short while ago, since it has both film and digital settings, it was much fun to play with when I run out of film to shoot. Later on I discover that the software was not as good and it's hard for me to export the photos to other photo editing programs. The other problem is that the flash is too strong. Almost everything I shot was white-washed.

I never got the chance to buy one of the I-zone scanner myself, but you could scan in the polaroid film and transfer that onto your computer. It's not as good of a quality as you might see in the commercials, but it does scan in better than a flat bed scanner would. It's doesn't hold much photos but it doesn't take a long time to transfer either.

I have shoot about 500 I-zone photos so far, it's been really fun to hand it to a child and see them taking the pictures. It was even more fun for them because it is also a sticker. I think the image quality could be better, but I could say the same about almost anything. The most important part is I'm having lots of fun playing with it.

• skeet263 published 09/01/2005
    Fun camera!
  • LBoy published 09/12/2001
    Good op.
  • eca99ajm published 27/06/2001
    I have a normal I-Zone, but I would like a go with the digital version - they look like fun. However they are pretty expensive, so I'll just have to dream! Thanks! Anna