Review of "Polaroid SP-U115"

published 14/11/2017 | tomsox
Member since : 11/01/2004
Pro Small and unobtrusive, good quality and sounds great
Cons None so far
Sound quality
Design
Range of extra features / functions
Instruction manual

"Basic speakers that do the job"

Polaroid SP-U115

Polaroid SP-U115

I bought these little speakers quite some time ago as I was looking for something small but relatively good in order to play audio through my PC. I came across these in my local Asda and not really being familiar with Polaroid for making speakers, I decided to take a leap of faith. In retrospect this was a great little purchase as they have served me very well so far!

Sound quality:

I must state that I rarely every put these on full volume due to my girlfriend stating that it's always too loud even when only at half volume. Despite this I have not experienced any audio distortion, tinny sound or any other issues normally associated with lower priced speakers. For general every day use I think the sound quality is excellent.

Design:

Nifty little design from rigid shaped plastic with a silver inset for the speaker section. The plastic moulding slopes up and back from the base which makes them look quite modern while not detracting from the sturdiness at all. Simple and effective design which makes this a sturdy product. The cables are the right length as well as the speakers sit on either side of my 21 inch monitor and I still have a bit of extra length left in order to move them around should the occasion warrant it.

Ease of use:

Simply plug and play, can't get any easier than that!

Extra features:

Other than a little volume wheel on the lower right hand side of the main speaker there are no other extra features. For some the lack of an audio in jack on the speaker itself may be a problem but not for me.

Manual:

Very straight forward from what I saw, but to be honest I've only glanced at it as the setup is very easy. Simply unpack the speakers, plug them into the corresponding connectors on your PC or laptop and away you go.

Value for money:

You can get cheaper no name branded speakers out there however for the cost of only £8.00 through Ebay you can't really go wrong with these.

Ease of installation:

Very simple as the speakers come with a colour coded audio jack that plugs into the corresponding audio connector on your laptop or PC. A USB port is then required in order to give the speakers power and simply plug the USB connector in which should result in the little blue light coming on to indicate that power is being supplied to the speakers.

Summary:

I would definitely recommend these speakers if you are looking for a low level branded product that does the job admirably. They are not top of the range fantastic audio quality, however for every day use (music, films and games) they are more than adequate and tick all the boxes. For the price concerned I think that these are steal and should provide you with prolonged audio entertainment.

Thanks for reading.