Pomegreat Pomegranate Juice Drink

Pomegreat Pomegranate Juice Drink

Juice Drinks - Multi-fruit Juice

Review of "Pomegreat Pomegranate Juice Drink"

published 14/04/2007 | grafter123
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Fruity , healthy , tasty , refreshing , long shelf life , vitamins etc
Cons Could be a bit less pricey and maybe in another store .

"What a great fruit drink"

Now I know this will sound loopy but I bought this Pomegreat Super Juice drink not really sure whether I would like it or not . Pomegranate , the fruit , is a fruit more from my childhood than recently . At our local annual fair pomegranates have always been one of the traditional items for sale . As a child they just were such a pain to eat I soon abandoned them. Seeing this juice and looking at the claims made on the packaging I thought ' Well it will be good for me and if I don't like it I know a man who will' Hubby has always loved pomegranates but even he has given up on the trials and tribulations of eating them .

WHAT ARE POMEGRANATES

Well as it says on the packet pomegranates are one of nature's super fruits .They are bursting with health-boosting vitamins and antioxidants . The fruits are a dull orangey colour with an outer skin or rind . As a child they always reminded me of an onion to look at . One still reminds me of an onion , with it's skin on of course . When you cut one open the flesh of the fruit appears to be made up of loads of seeds or pips and this is what you eat . To buy and eat they can be expensive , seasonal and messy so this juice drink should be ideal .

RELEVANT INFORMATION REGARDING THIS POMEGREAT JUICE DRINK .

Each 250 ml glass contains half your daily requirement of vitamins A ,C ,and E and has 110 calories . Fat content is negligible but carbohydrates and sugars are high .

There are eight luscious pomegranates in every one litre carton . The carton cost £1.55 on special at my local Tesco Express but you would be able to buy it cheaper at a large supermarket .

Long shelf life as when I bought the juice drink on 14th April 2007 it had a best before date of Mar 08 . I usually would say this is not good as preservatives or the like must have been used .

Can keep your cholesterol healthy and help maintain heart health . It is approved by HEART UK , the cholesterol charity . However look at the small print and it's only as part of a balanced diet . So remember it's not a miracle cure .

Made by RJA foods ltd.

More information at ww.pomegreat.com

Best served chilled and as is the norm store in the refrigerator after opening and use within 4 days .

Has folic acid and is free of artificial colours , preservatives and sweeteners . Ah well there you go wrong again .

TASTE AND SMELL TEST .

The carton , like so many now has a twist to open plastic cap on the top . As you twist this it breaks the seal . I must have been having a weak night because it took me a while to actually open it . Sniffing the carton I didn't think there was much of a smell .

Pouring the liquid out the first thing noticeable is it's deep , bright red colour almost the colour of Ribena blackcurrant juice , but redder . Having another sniff this time from the glass there is a wonderful fruity smell . Now I cannot remember what pomegranates used to smell like but this reminds me of raspberries or perhaps blackberries .Yes definitely a brambly smell like bramble fool . Lovely .

Sipping a small amount initially it is much lighter and less thick than I expected . Looking at the carton again I see there is water added so that's probably why but I must say I like the taste . Pouring a full glass this time I see as you are pouring it the juice drink does resemble a diluted fruit drink . What I can't get over though is how delicious this drink is . I can see this becoming a regular buy and a vast improvement on orange juice which is nice but a tad boring after all these years .

RECOMMENDATION

Yes , Yes , Yes . The Pomegreat Super Juice Drink has a sharp , distinctive taste . It has that dry edge to it like white wine and leaves a pleasant aftertaste .If you enjoy cranberry drinks you should love this however it's not as tart as cranberries .It is refreshing and has good thirst quenching properties . I think it would have to be well chilled for serving to be fully appreciated .

It just remains to be seen now if all those vitamins and antioxidants bouncing round my innards can reach the parts other drinks can't , and work a few wonders . Hubby is at work and hasn't tried the Pomegreat yet and so I don't know if he will like it . I should think he will though .

As I like it I might keep it for myself . Oo naughty .

Thanks for reading