Porter Cable Flex Router
1 reviews from the community
Review of "Porter Cable Flex Router"
Specification1300W induction motor,
Micro adjust Guide fence,
Built-in fine height adjuster – 0.2mm divisions.
Plunge operated by a thumb lever,
Rubber coated ergonomicly shaped handles,
Locking on-off switch,
Plunge depth 66mm,
Table mounted opinion:
Background - I decided to buy a router for my woodworking hobby because I wanted to be able to make rebates and joints simply and quickly for the times when making ‘handmade’ joints would be repetitive if After using the machine for ~6 months here is a list of why I think it’s a good choice for both table mounted and hand-held use:
1) Long plunge depth of 66mm - Compares to around 55mm offered by most of the competition at the same price (including Dewalt and Trend machines).
2) Integrated fine height adjuster – Allows the height to be adjusted fairly easily when mounted in the table (0.2mm divisions)
3) Locking on/off switch – Some new routers have a “dead man” trigger switch which switches the router off when your thumb is removed, which means you need to use a cable tie to lock on for table operation.
Hand-held opinion1) Smooth plunge action – Initially it was a little sticky, but seems to have got
smoother with use and now is just right. Also there is a wear adjuster so that the
plunge action can be tightened if the plunge becomes too slack over time.
2) Fine adjust fence – The fence has a fine adjust knob and is solid as you like.
3) Weight – A little heavy for fine tasks such as engraving etc or working on vertical
OverallA good machine for the serious woodwork hobbyist or for pro-workshop use as a general purpose medium size machine, the long plunge makes it a good choice for a router which is to be used as both a table mounted and hand held machine.
Product Information : Porter Cable Flex Router
Manufacturer's product descriptionPlunge Router
Group Name: Plunge Router
Listed on Ciao since: 28/01/2003