Review of "Prada Candy Gloss Eau de Toilette"

published 02/09/2017 | catsholiday
Member since : 03/03/2003
Reviews : 1982
Pro Fresh, summery, uplifting, lasts well
Cons Expensive
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"Prada Candy Gloss -EDT pink, pretty and not too sweet"

PRADA CANDY GLOSS

This is probably not a perfume/edt I would have chosen but I went hunting for a sample for this review. Boots in Derby were kind enough to give me one and also gave me the chance to test all the Prada Candy range and each one was slightly different.

Prada Candy EDT comes in five variations. The Original Candy which was launched in 2011, Candy L'Eau in 2013, Candy Florale in 2014, Candy Kiss in 2016 and this latest Candy Gloss this year.

They are all quite light fruity and summery but each that little bit different.

~*~*~*~*~*~ ABOUT PRADA ~*~*~*~*~*~

Prada was founded in 1913 by Mario Prada and his brother Martino in Milan as a lether bag shop selling handbags, English cases and trunks. It now still specialises in handbags, travel accessories, and shoes, but also sells ready-to-wear, perfumes and other fashion accessories.

They are not exactly squeaky clean when it comes to thi sources and their Turkish lathe factory was involved in union issues and sacked workers who joined a union, Also in Hong Kong and Japan there were legal cases over gender discrimination and getting rid of ladies who were considered too old or not so attractive.

There are also tax evasion accusations so not a company that has a great employment, sourcing or taxation record.

~*~*~*~*~*~ DESCRIBED BY PRADA ~*~*~*~*~*~

“Sparkling and intensely joyful: Candy Gloss is a sensual sorbet, sweet as acid cherry and solar as the orange blossom. A fruity bouquet with hints of rose and musk.”

The fragrance was created by Daniela Roche Andrier as were the previous four Prada Candy versions.

This one like the others is a gourmand based EDT but this one is a less sweet version with a focus on the sour cherry and the orange blossom combined with a base of almond, creamy vanilla and musk.

~*~*~*~*~ PACKAGING ~*~*~*~*~*

This comes in a solid pink box with a band of black around the top with the brand name on it. Inside the bottle is also pink and round, like a cylinder. The top part has a ring of gold and above that the brand name is in gold.

I do like the top part as the lid looks like an umbrella with the spray in the section holding up the umbrella which is also pink with a gold trim.

It comes in 30 ml 50 ml and 80ml EDT.

~*~*~*~*~*~ THE NOTES IN THIS CREATION~*~*~*~*~*~

The top notes in this are those which hit you on first spray and these are sour cherry and cassis.
The middle notes are orange blossom, rose and peach.
The base notes are: almond, vanilla, musk, heliotrope and benzion.

~*~*~*~* MY VIEWS ~*~*~*~*~*

This is a light fruity fragrance that I actually liked much more than I thought I would do. The initial hit is fresh cherry and slightly fruity with the blackcurrant and orange blossom. It is a nice fresh summery hit that is not too sweet or fruity as the sour cherry stops the sweetness.

The initial fresh hit calms down quite quickly and becomes sweeter and more floral as both rose and orange blossom come through.

After about twenty minutes or so the EDT becomes the creamier floral with heliotrope combining with vanilla and benzoin. The musk doesn't really hit me much and the almond gives a less sweet hint.

I found that the spray applied in Boots lasted well and I could still smell it a couple of hours later when I met my friend in a cafe for lunch. I was wearing just a sleeveless top so it was not detectable on my clothes at all.

The spray she applied on the piece of cardboard I could still smell that night around ten hours later. I can still tell which of the sample cards is Prada candy Gloss and which is the Candy Kiss so the notes have stayed true even a couple of days later.

I did quite like this and loved the bottle but it isn't different enough to tempt me to buy it. It sort of reminds me of a number of other summery perfumes but I think of those I have sampled recently I like this best of the light summery ones as it isn't overly sweet and it lasts better than most of them too.

*~*~*~* ~ WHERE TO BUY AND PRICES ~*~*~*~*~

I know that you can buy this in Boots and Debenhams as I tested in in both shops. Also available in John Lewis and a number of on line sites.

Prices vary as usual so shop around. In Debenhams the 30 ml is £44, the 50ml is £59 and the 80 ml is £75.
John Lewis : 30 ml is £43.50, 50 ml is £58.50 and 80ml is £74.50

Boots are the same price as Debenhams and in fact the online stores are also pretty similarly priced.

~*~*~*~*~ TIPS FOR CHOOSING PERFUMES ~*~*~*~*~*

Perfumes are very personal and choosing a new one should be a pleasant experience . A perfume should be something that evokes a mood or inspires you or just makes you feel good. I like different perfumes for different occasions and different times of year and different moods that I am feeling.

When choosing a new perfume I am initially attracted to ones that have notes I usually like. I then try it on a test strip ad also on my skin . I find that I choose best if I only have a couple to compare, I then leave the shop and go and do something else . I keep smelling the two I am wearing and see if I like how they are developing on my skin and if they make me feel good.

I then choose which of these makes me feel most positive about and then I go home and think about it. I can then tell how it lasts on me and my clothes. I usually buy one I have already tried in a sample and liked.

~*~*~*~*~ RECOMMENDED? ~*~*~*~*~*

I did quite like this one. It isn't amazingly different but makes me feel happy as it s uplifting and summery and is not sugary sweet or cloying.

I can see this appealing more to a younger audience but that doesn't mean ladies that are older like me wouldn't like to wear it.

It is not a unisex scent really as it is more feminine and the very pink packaging shows that it is more aimed at ladies.

I probably won't buy a full sized bottle but if I manage to t another sample or to I will be very happy to wear it. I do think it is quite expensive and think that there are cheaper perfumes that are similar that I would be just as happy with.

Thanks for reading

• jb0077 published 10/09/2017
    vh
  • mumsymary published 05/09/2017
    good description sounds lovely

offers "Prada Candy Gloss Eau de Toilette"

Product Information : Prada Candy Gloss Eau de Toilette

Manufacturer: Prada

Gender: for Women

Type of Perfume: Eau de Toilette

EAN: 8435137766017, 8435137765980, 8435137760299

Listed on Ciao since: 14/06/2017

Prada Candy Gloss Eau de Toilette - Review - Prada Candy Gloss -EDT pink, pretty and not too sweet

catsholid... 4

catsholiday

About me: Sad to see this site no longer paying. Thanks to everyone for reading and rating over the years and hope not to lose touch with long term ciaoers.

Member since:03.03.2003

Reviews:1982

Prada Candy Gloss -EDT pink, pretty and not too sweet

02.09.2017

Advantages:
Fresh, summery, uplifting, lasts well

Disadvantages:
Expensive

Staying power

Design of the bottle

How would you describe the fragrance?Refreshing, Sweet, Light, Tangy / sharp

Would you buy it again?Yes

Why did you buy it?It was a sample

25 Ciao members have rated this review on average: exceptional See ratings
  1. Saraa23
  2. euphie
  3. kiss_me2070
  1. jb0077
  2. NBCMad92
  3. MrYorkiesWorld

PRADA CANDY GLOSS

They are all quite light fruity and summery but each that little bit different.

~*~*~*~*~*~ ABOUT PRADA ~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~ DESCRIBED BY PRADA ~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~ PACKAGING ~*~*~*~*~*

It comes in 30 ml 50 ml and 80ml EDT.

~*~*~*~*~*~ THE NOTES IN THIS CREATION~*~*~*~*~*~

The middle notes are orange blossom, rose and peach.
The base notes are: almond, vanilla, musk, heliotrope and benzion.

~*~*~*~* MY VIEWS ~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~* ~ WHERE TO BUY AND PRICES ~*~*~*~*~

Prices vary as usual so shop around. In Debenhams the 30 ml is 44, the 50ml is 59 and the 80 ml is 75.
John Lewis : 30 ml is 43.50, 50 ml is 58.50 and 80ml is 74.50

2nd Septmber 2017

Pictures of Prada Candy Gloss Eau de Toilette
Prada Candy Gloss Eau de Toilette Prada Candy Gloss Eau de Toilette
Prada Candy Gloss Eau de Toilette

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

AliHaider 30.09.2017 06:10