Premier Travel Inn Preston - East, Preston

Premier Travel Inn Preston - East, Preston

Hotel - Bluebell Way, Preston East Link Road, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 5PZ

Review of "Premier Travel Inn Preston - East, Preston"

published 12/09/2006 | kismet
Member since : 22/04/2001
Pro close to the motorway, cheap
Cons TOO close to the motorway!

"Premier Travel Inn - Preston East"

We have recently travelled up to Scotland from Devon and on the way home needed to break up the 12 hour journey. We stopped at Premier Travel Inn - Preston East.

This Travel Inn is literally right beside the southbound motorway near junction 31a northbound. We were travelling Southbound, so had to come off at junction 31, join the northbound and come off at junction 31a.

PRICE
++++++

We paid £48 for a room which is Friday to Sunday rates. Monday to Thursday would cost £51.

BOOKING
++++++++

We had an AA Road Atlas with us and also a directory of all the Premier Travel Inn's in the country. This is a very handy booklet as it has directions and location for each Travel Inn.

I telephoned the Inn and was put through to a central number as they were busy. They took a provisional booking and the Travel Inn called me back to confirm. (Be warned the number is 0870, which cost me 83p for the call).

The only downside was that there were only smoking rooms left. We did not want this, but as it was 7pm and we did not want to travel much further we agreed to take it.

RECEPTION
++++++++++

Reception was very busy, but the girls were very helpful and pointed out that should we require further towels, tea/coffee etc we only had to ask. We paid with my husbands Premier Travel Inn account card and were allocated Room 59 on the second floor. As this was two flights up and we had suitcases we took the lift.

ROOM
++++++

The room is typical of Premier Travel Inn, bed, table, two chairs. What I like about Travell Inn is that there is plenty of room when compared to a Bed & Breakfast room. The bathroom was roomy enough, and had a shower over the bath. (more of that later........) Shower gel and soap are provided by dispenser.

The bed is kingsize, with lighting controls above your head. There are also 4 pillows provided for your comfort.

The television only had the basic 5 channels with remote control and it is on a swivel setting which is handy. (When we stayed at Travelodge they had unlimited movies for £6 per day, this also included "adult" ones. No, for your information, we didn't try these!)

Kettle, mugs, tea/coffee and biscuits are provided. Usually there are two sets of towels, unfortunately our room only had 1 set.
There is also wireless internet in the room. We had our laptop with us as we use it as a portable dvd player when on holiday, so I decided to check if it would work. I switched it on and after changing the settings, it found the WiFi network.

There were several pay scales, the ones that I noticed were £3 for 30 minutes, or £5 for two hours. We did not use this, but it must be handy for businessmen away from the office.

The rooms are triple glazed as they are right next to the motorway, but you can still hear the traffic roaring past.

COMPLAINT
++++++++++

We had a good nights sleep, but when we got up in the morning, the shower was broken. It simply would not turn at all. We packed our stuff and went to check out at reception.

I told them that the shower was not working and after sending somebody to check it, the receptionist refunded our £48 due to their complaints policy.

So we had a free nights stay!

I also mentioned about there only being 1 set of towels and she said I told you to come to reception if any problems. So I pointed out that we only noticed it in the morning and the shower didn't work anyway!

MEALS
+++++++

There is a Norman Jepson Brewers Fayre adjoining the Premer Travel Inn and this provides a wide range of reasonably priced food until 10pm. Breakfast buffet style is available for £7.50 per person and kids eat free.

We ate our evening meal there and really enjoyed it. Value for money and you get Nectar points too.

RECOMMENDED?
+++++++++++++++

Yes, overall I would recommend the Premier Travel Inn for a cheap pleasant stay. We did not like being in a smoking room, the smell was awful (I used to smoke), so we would not accept a smoking room again.

Also, the Inn is too close to the motorway, so is a bit noisy although not too bad, and to be fair, we were warned of this when we booked and still chose to stay there. and because the shower was broken we did not have to pay for our room. There was a wedding party staying there and hopefully if they had ended up in our room, Premier Travel Inn would have provided them with a shower somehow!

I prefer Premier Travel Inn to Travelodge as the rooms seem cleaner and bigger and the little touches are nicer.

www.premiertravellinn.com

08701 977 215 - Bluebell Way - PR2 5PZ

• ladyboymondaytofriday published 12/09/2006
    How easy would it be to get in and out of the hotel in a wheel chair and do they provide rooms for those of us who are wheelchair bound or have children?
  • darkangelwing published 12/09/2006
    Good review (-: .............Darko
  • jesi published 12/09/2006
    I don't think I could sleep in a "smoking" room ~ my asthma would not let me ! ♥♥ ! ~ ........................................................... ~ jes ~ ! ♥♥ !