Prestige Pet Products Road Refresher

Prestige Pet Products Road Refresher

Plastic Dog Bowls

Review of "Prestige Pet Products Road Refresher"

published 07/10/2010 | s4sarah
Member since : 02/10/2010
Pro non spill, range of colours, great customer service, no more wet ears, dog can drink in the car
Cons purchase cost (but I think its worth it)
Design & Look

"Road Refresher non-spill bowl for dogs on the move"

The aim behind this is to reduce slobber and spills.

We have a Weimaraner with ears that are quite frankly too big in comparison with the rest of her (its ok she can’t read!), so the result with a normal dog bowl is very wet ears that she likes to rest on your lap - specially in summer when you are wearing white trousers, or when someone comes to the house who isn’t a ‘doggy person’ – we tend not to have these people back

We first got this when we were given short notice that we would have to take her to Cambridge Queens vet school for radiotherapy and chemo. As this is a 4 hour journey I wanted something that would enable her to drink whilst the car was moving. I rang the company on their UK based number at 11am and the lady was helpful beyond belief. She even checked what stock she had put on the van and promised us a large bowl would be with us the following day. Hey presto at 10am the following morning it arrived. Whilst this customer service does not affect the product quality I believe great customer service is always praiseworthy.

The bowl itself comes in three main parts – a rim, the main bowl and the floaty bit that has holes for the water to come through. I bought the large bowl which comes in a variety of colours; pink, blue, yellow, green and grey. It holds 1.4 litres of water and the dimensions of the drinking area are the same size as a normal dog bowl at 12cm. So even if your dog is as suspicious as ours they won’t really notice a difference.

How we used ours in the car - Fill up the main bowl to the ‘max’ line, place the floaty plate on top and gently press until water starts to appear then clip the rim into place. We then used the Velcro pads that are located on the base of the bowl to ‘stick’ to the carpet in our boot. Throughout the entire 4 hour journey it did not spill even when it was stepped in and shoved with a big wet nose. To fill it up on the move we gently poured water into the top plate and it lifted up to float on top. If you wanted to attach the bowl to something smooth i.e. a lino floor it comes with additional sticky Velcro pads which you can line-up with the ones on the bottom of the bowl for extra stability. The only disadvantage I have found is when taking it apart to either fill from empty or clean is that it can take a while to get the rim off, and if its not empty you can get wet as you hold the bowl against our body to loosen the top.

Back home we now use this as her everyday bowl and the incidence of me sliding rapidly across the kitchen floor whilst flapping my arms in a windmill style have reduced due the absence of a water ice rink on the floor. And even though she likes to push the bowl around the floor with her nose just in case there is any food under it it doesn’t spill. Actually talking of food even if that gets dropped in this bowl it can be easily retrieved with out bobbing about in a large amount of water.

All in all a great bowl that does what it claims although the initial cost is a little high

• top-reviewz published 08/10/2010
    Sounds Great! The bowl for my dog is always spilling.