Lisab3410 5

Lisab3410

Member since:15.12.2007

Prezzo

21.03.2008

Advantages:
Great food & atmosphere, reasonable prices

Disadvantages:
Drinks push the price up a bit

Standard of Menu

3. costas1234
  1. lora44
  2. ilusvm
  3. yassarikhan786

Prezzo is a chain of Italian restaurants that seem to be appearing all over the south of England.

About a year ago I found out that my favourite local pub was closing down and I was not very happy about it. It was a fun pub, with lots of character. I dreaded to think what would take its place. Then I found out it was to be a Prezzo. Yay I was so pleased. I'd been to Prezzo elsewhere so I knew that I would like it.

I am a big fan of Italian food so it is probably no surprise that I like this place. I like Pizza Express and Ask, but Prezzo has a little something extra about it.

The Menu

You won't find any surpises on the menu. It includes a range of typical dishes you would expect to find on an Italian menu including pizza, pasta, salads and a variety of different meat dishes. The starters make my mouth water and include things like deep fried mozzerella- my favourite.

The food itself

I have tried the pizza, pasta and most recently I had a chicken ceaser salad. Every single time I have been I have had deep fried mozzerella to start. This is absolutely gorgeous but means that I cannot make comment about other starters available. All of the dishes are well presented, served at the correct temperature and are good portion sizes. The folded pizzas are particuarly nice.

The Atmosphere

The amosphere in Prezzo is lovely. The Prezzo I go to most is in Pinner in what used to be my local oldly, worldy pub. The actual building is old and is all wooden beams and old windows. The building is an odd shape which gives it lots of character and the floor space is on several different levels.

What also makes for a nice atmosphere here is that you can see all of the pizzas being made, the dough chucked in the air and kneeded before the toppings are put on and the pizzas are placed in an large oven. I think it is great to be able to see your food being prepared.

The place also has lovely linen, crockery and candles. The place is well decorated and is a striking mix of the old and new in terms of its physical appearance.

The Staff

The staff are really nice! Very friendly and couldn't do more to help. The last time I went it was for my brother's 18th birthday and they turned down all the lights in the place to bring out a cake and several staff came along and sung happy birthday to him. The whole restaurant started singing much to my brother's embarassment. These little touches make all the difference in my humble opinion.

The plates are all cleared quickly and only when everyone has finished eating. At the same time they do not rush you to leave so that they can get the next lot in.

The Price

The food prices are very reasonable and at certain times of the year they organise set menus. I went on valentines day last year and we got a three course meal for about £20.00 each. Of course the prices of the food are pushed up by the drinks and this is the case regardless of whether you have alcohol or not. Drinks are not very cheap, but then I guess they have to make their money some how.

In my opinion Prezzo is a lovely place to dine, good food, great atmosphere, helpful staff and overall reasonable prices. If you've got one local to you and like Italian food then give it a go, i'm sure you will like it.

0wnz0rz 27.04.2009 09:50

I agree, it is awesome! I have been there a few times and they have not dissapointed.

yassarikhan786 30.04.2008 20:37

Great review :o)

martinwi 28.03.2008 23:24

Good review. I dont know of this chain yet. I like Pizza Express so will look out for these. M. x