Prezzo Italian Restaurants

Prezzo Italian Restaurants

Review of "Prezzo Italian Restaurants"

published 03/04/2012 | star3683
Member since : 14/11/2010
Pro modern decor, friendly staff, great tasting fresh food, excellent offers
Cons nothing
Standard of Menu
Atmosphere
Standard of Service
Cleanliness

"A Tasty Italian!"

Prezzo is an Italian restaurant chain owned by the prezzo restaurant group which now has over 150 restaurants in the UK. My home city of Nottingham now has two Prezzo restaurants one located on Forman Street and one on Low Pavement with both being quite centrally located in the city.

Both restaurants are very modern looking but still have quite a cosy feel to them. I am personally a fan of modern décor so find the restaurants very inviting and love the fact that you can see the chef's preparing your food in the restaurant on Forman Street.

My husband and I last visited the Prezzo on Low Pavement last month on a Monday evening. As we normally go to the Forman Street restaurant we thought we would have a change. I always convert my Tesco club card vouchers to restaurant vouchers and Prezzo is one of the restaurants which take part in this offer which allows you to change your club card vouchers for 4x the amount of restaurant vouchers. You can also often find offers for Prezzo online from the Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert. As Prezzo has promotions such as buy one get one free on a regular basis it definitely makes eating here much more appealing and great value.

When we arrived at the restaurant the matradee desk was located just inside the door. We were quickly greeted and shown to a table with the lady asking if we wanted to be near the front or the back of the restaurant, it was surprisingly busy for a Monday evening but it did look like most people were taking advantage of discount vouchers they had found online. As we were shown to the table we were also given menu's allowing us to start choosing what we wanted to eat and drink straight away. I found this really helpful as a pet hate of mine in restaurants is being left seated for a long time before anyone brings you even a drinks menu so to me this was very good service.

We were waiting only about 5 minutes before our waitress came over and took our drinks order and the drinks followed shortly after. We indicated at this time that we were in fact ready to place our food order and she quickly returned to take it. She was very pleasant and friendly and told us that if we needed anything else just to let her know.

On this occasion I opted for the Grilled Goats Cheese(£4.95), Goats cheese with plum tomatoes and caramelised onions on ciabatta bread with a balsamic glaze followed by Risotti with king prawns and oak roast salmon and petits pois in a creamy saffron sauce (11.95). My husband ordered the Mozzarella In Carrozza which is Mozzarella cheese deep-fried in breadcrumbs served with pomodoro sauce (£5.20) followed by Spicy Beef VIP pizza which is served on its on board with pizza cutter (£11.05). We also ordered drinks of one coke (330ml £2.25) and one San Pellegrion sparkling lemon drink (200ml £2.10).

Both of the starters came out together and were very well presented, we actually shared them and both were lovely and fresh tasting. The main courses followed around 10 minutes after the plates of our starters were cleared and also came out together and looked very presentable, my partner being glad that he did not order any side dishes after seeing how large his pizza was. My risotto was cooked perfectly and had a wonderful balance of flavours, they had also not scrimped on the prawns and salmon, the waitress also asked if we would like any parmesan cheese or black pepper which I opted for. My partner also enjoyed his pizza that had an even spread of topping, although it was rather spicy it was not overly powerful and it was easily possible to avoid the larger slices of chilli on the top if you needed too.

Our waitress did come over to us during our meal to check that everything was alright which it was. She also offered us the coffee and desserts menu after we had finished the main courses which we declined as we were both rather full already.

I did nip to use the toilet facilities during our meal and found them to be very clean, and filled up with plenty of toilet tissue and soap etc. There were also baby changing facilities for anyone visiting the restaurant with babies.

When I asked for the bill I presented the waitress with our Tesco vouchers which she happily accepted. The bill arrived and was all correct, I opted to pay by card and the card machine was brought over to the table to me. All in all it was a good quality meal with very good service. I can certainly recommend that you try a Prezzo restaurant if you are a fan of Italian food, they have a great selection of dishes from pizza, pasta, risotto, calzone and salads. As I stated we did not have a dessert on this occasion but have in the past and they have also been very good.

Also keep an eye out for discount vouchers by signing up to Prezzo's newsletter on their website.

• claireylulu published 03/04/2012
    Great review, I have some vouchers for Prezzo wil have to give it a go now. x
  • mumsymary published 03/04/2012
    they have lots of offers also you can buy vouchers with tesco points its a good deal
  • lilloulfc published 03/04/2012