PlaceboFa... 5

PlaceboFan

Member since:04.07.2004

A students heaven...

22.09.2004

Advantages:
Cheap, good quality clothes

Disadvantages:
When its gone, its gone .  .  .

Layout & presentation

Selection & range

Availability

In store customer service

City / Branch addressGlasgow/Motherwell/Hamilton

Frequency of visitSeveral times a month

PriceLow

2. db163
  1. kimbahop
  2. welshgal17
  3. L0BSTER_QUADRILLE

Primark has advanced a lot over the years. Two or three years ago I shoped at Primark, but friends from school were givin me the "ohh not there" kinda look when Id wear a primark top. One friend worked there, so she pretty much knew anything from Primark, so there was no hiding the fact that I'd been shopping there. Still I didn't care, it was a cheap shop and I got good value for money, so I went back time and time again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TIMES ARE CHANGING
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah ha....BUT now the tables have turned, it's not just me that's caught the Primark bug, lots of my friends who previously thought "ugh primark" now shop there. As the title of this review states, it is a "students heaven".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHO IS PRIMARK BEST SUITED?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Primark sell clothes for all age ranges, kids, youth, studenty and even womens and mens. Its great value for money and you can easily find something likeable for maybe half the price you would pay in any other high street store!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PRICES (for adult sizes)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Generally primarks prices are extremely cheap for example a normal pair of running shoes would cost you around £10-£12. Now you may think that something that cheap is bound to fall apart. Think again, these are not only cheap but they do actually hold out, unlike most designer sports shoes, you would be surprised.

Coats/jackets - Mainly around £10/£15 but you do get more expensivly priced ones. But mainly on visiting a Primark store, these are the prices you will be looking at. The jackets are good quality and as well as getting little summer jackets, Primark have took notice for our cold winters and provide heavier jackets. YAY I'll be toasty this winter.

Jeans - Normally priced around £10 like most of their trousers. Jeans from Primark generally have a weird fit for me, I get one size and it's too small, so I get a size up, but then it's too big. Don't get me wrong, on occasion I have had trousers that do fit me, but it is generally harder to find a pair of Primarks trousers that will fit especially jeans. Still if I like the look of a pair, I'll just whoosh into the changing room and give them a try on anyway!!

Trousers - see Jeans.

Belts - Most accessories in Primark are only a few pounds each such as belts, bobbles for you hair, jewlerry and even purses and wallets. I saw a mens wallet the other week for only £2, it was leather and everything, was nice!!! Anyway, back to belts, they are all different colours and of all different designs and materials eg leather or fabric. Most belts are £2/£3!

Shirts - Primark sell buisness dres shirts, generally three-quarter length and in a range of colours. Most are sold at a cheap priced £4 but yay when the sale comes, if they still have your size you will only pay £2 or so yay!

T-shirts - Primark sell a range of different t-shirts. Just now they are selling a wide variety of Disney t-shirts with different Disney characters these are a modestly priced £5. Primark also sell a lot of LA GEAR t-shirts, not really my thing but these too are cheap and of good quality. Primark also have their own range of clothing its called "atmosphere" these are their own designs and are generally the cheapest priced items in store. When buying, t-shirts and tops from primark I often buy from the "atmostphere" range as the tops are very nice. For the men they sell a wide variety of t-shirts, most of which I do really like, gotta hold my boyfriend back when we go in, he always sees something he likes, which is good cos he so SOOOOOOO fussy!! (I'll get into trouble for saying that now......) But generally the guys stuff is just as good as the chics.

Zippy tops - These are fantastic, again from the "atmosphere" range you get many different tops with and without hoods and mainly all zips but on occasion you can find a top with buttons. These are generally priced between £5/£7 and look fantastic with jeans!

Hats and gloves - The hat I'm wearing in my Ciao photo is from Primark, it's an authentic NY cap and cost my under £5. Primark must buy in BULK to be able to sell stuff on soooo cheap. Winter hats and gloves are extremely cheap, my boyfriend got a hat the other day so to cover his ears in the cold winter nights and it was only £1 bargin again!!! Gloves are generally under £5 for both male and female and the same again for scarves, depends on the style etc you are looking for.

In summer they do sell Bikinis and swim suits again these items are cheap, usually bright and colourful but again theres something for everyone.

They do sell a wide range of underwear this is all cheaply priced and they sell the best stripey socks ever!! Hehe! I get all my socks from primark, most have little designs and look all pretty, just gotta love Primark!

~~~~~~~
SALES
~~~~~~~

Mostly during sales you will get a bargin or two, you will find that most of the stuff is half price or so. If you go in one week and see something and are not too sure if you want it or not, then go back the next and it's in the sale, I'm pretty sure you will just make up your mind there and then to get it as it will be so cheap!

Gotta be quick in sales, cos when something goes it's gone. That can be the only downside to Primark, generally one size will sell out and they will have thousands upon thousands of the size which is too small for you which sucks.

~~~~~~
STAFF
~~~~~~

Throughout the store you will see many staff busy at work. Most of which are folding clothes and making pretty little arrangements to make them look lovely to us customers. Staff are always willing to help and if they don't know or can't find what you are looking for they will get someone who can/does.

Genearlly there will be huge queues in Primark, don;t let this put you off making a purchase as there is often 5 or 6 people on tills so you will be at the front of the queue before you know it!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHERE ARE THEY?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's a Primark in most cities, I know of 4 in my area so that's cool, never be short of a Primark to look in. I know they are dotted all up and down the counrty so the likelihood of there being a Primark near you, is very probable. If you haven't been you should go check it out. You would be surprised what you can get for the money. Their stuff is great!!

L0BSTER_QUADRILLE 13.12.2004 12:50

sounds goodo ! philippa. x

scampi1 12.12.2004 00:11

For childrens clothes that aren't going to fit after a few months anyway this shop is ideal.

mumsymary 24.09.2004 20:31

not sure where my nearest one is