ally2kc 3

ally2kc

Member since:30.11.2005

Primark is a prime mark for review

18.06.2006

Advantages:
Amazing prices

Disadvantages:
Disorganised layout, not always best quality

10 Ciao members have rated this review on average: helpful See ratings
  1. Claiiiree
  2. lindsayjayne
  3. liz1102
and a further member
  1. lauricha
  2. Allyalcock
  3. sghawken

I went in to Primark for the first time looking for cheap plain t-shirts for my boy's birthday party for kids to paint.

for £1.50 I got 2 shirts so obviously I had come to the right place.

What I was suprised by was the amount of products they had at euqally good value. I left the shop that day with far more in my bag than I had intended including a pair of nice looking an heels for £8. Now, for £8 I wasn't expecting much, in fact as long as they made it through the week I figured I would have gotten my money's worth. Amazingly, 18 months on, they are still going strong.

I also bought masses of socks for my boys. I am sure I am not alone in being baffled by the mystery sock stealer that lives in our house, so being able to buy a pack of 6 pairs for £2 is great value. Kids underwear and pyjamas are of equally good value for money. The maority of their kids clothes are made of slightly lower quality materials which is to be expected for the price, however if you are prepared to weed through the mass of clothes strewn all over the place, a quality bargain can still be found.

Like other stores os similar standing Primark are rapidy striving towards stocking trendy fashion items to compete with the highstreet. To a certain extent, you get what you paid for, but if you are realistic about your purchases and how lond they are likely to last, than you can buy clothing that looks and feels good. For the price, you can't get too disappointed if the colour fades slightly or if tops lose their shape after washing - you have to make compromises in order to get a fair price.

Primark do a great range of accessories, belts and sunglasses. With a toddler around I can't afford to spend ridiculous amounts of money on earrings that will just get ruined within th first week, so I was thrilled to discover their selection. When my boy decides to play hide and seek with them it isn't nearly as big a concern as it would be for a pair of 9k gold dew drop earrings.

As the store is successful due to it's value for money, don't expect great service and wonderful window displays. They need to make their money somwhere and it seems cutting labour costs has been the first place they have hit. For the most part, the sales staff are not overly helpful and it is obvious they don't take much pride in their jobs. I suppose that's minimum wage for you.

The stores are over-crammed with stock and as such is usually a mess of unfolded towels and t-shirts pulled free fom thier hangers (even at 10:00 in the monring!) Thi makes it particularly difficult to navigate if you have kids with you.

In conclusion, f you can go into Primark with an open mind, are patient and ideally not ladden with children on the day, it can be an interesting and worthwhile visit to make and you are likely to come out with at least one bargain you are pleased to have made.

If you expect high quality and great service no matter what the price, them Primark is not the place for you.

lauricha 18.06.2006 21:50

Great review, short and sweet, just what I like! Elle xx

Allyalcock 18.06.2006 20:52

Haven't been here but will have to have a look x

josparkle 18.06.2006 12:46

I find you have to have time, and preferably no children with you , to get the best out of places like this but you can get amazing bargains.