star3683 5

star3683

Member since:14.11.2010

Good Old Primark!

13.10.2011

Advantages:
very cheap

Disadvantages:
can get rather busy

4 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. thedevilinme
  3. hannahisme
  1. ithoughtyoudneverask

The opening of the Nottingham Primark store was both exciting and sad for me, exciting because I had heard how brilliant and cheap the clothing was and sad as the store replaced Littlewoods where I had worked for nearly 5 years while at university and saw many of friends be made redundant after many years of service (although some were re-recruited by Primark).

Primark (known as Penneys in the Republic of Ireland) has over 200 stores spread over Europe. All of the stores I have been to are very large and sell a range of clothing, homeware, greetings cards and gift wrap, footware, bags, luggage etc. I am often amazed at what you can find on sale, they vary the stock all of the time so it is worth keeping an eye out for new arrivals.

~~~~~Clothing~~~~~
The clothing is the main thing that I buy the ladies range is very extensive and amazingly cheap. You can buy a plain cotton T-Shirt for around £2.50 and a winter coat for around £15.00. They also have an excellent selection of menswear and children's clothing.

~~~~~Footwear~~~~~
Primark mainly stock women's footwear although I have seen men's plimsolls and a few pairs of children's shoes in the past. The women's range of shoes is very extensive and although many are made from man-made materials it is possible to find the odd leather pair.
I have purchased many pairs of £4.00 dolly shoes in the past and have been amazed at the comfort and durability for such a cheap price. They also stock a wide range of flip flops and summer sandals as well as shoes and boots in the winter.

~~~~~Home ware~~~~~
On the first floor of our Primark store you can also find a range of home ware including, bedding, towels, cushions, shower curtains, candles etc. I have purchased many of these items in the past and again have been impressed with the quality for the great prices. In the past I have managed to pick up a king sized duvet set for just £5.00 which has been washed and washed and is still going strong.

~~~~~Seasonal/Other~~~~~
You will often find seasonal items in Primark such as Easter gifts, Mother's and Father's day gift ideas and a selection of Christmas gifts, gift wrap and decorations.
On occasion you will also find other random items on sale in Primark such as suitcases, toy and sweets etc.

I will admit when our Primark store first opened I was a little sceptical about the quality of the items for the prices but I have been nicely surprised. Yes, you are never going to get amazing quality but the items are so cheap you cannot expect them to last you a life time. But many of the clothes are rather fashionable so it means you can afford to update your wardrobe more often.

hannahisme 13.10.2011 23:36

I love primark! I would much rather spend £50 in there and get 8 outfits, instead of spend £50 in Topshop and only get two tops lol x