Primark (Shop)

Primark (Shop)

Review of "Primark (Shop)"

published 13/10/2011 | star3683
Member since : 14/11/2010
Pro very cheap
Cons can get rather busy
Range of products
Speed of delivery

"Good Old Primark!"

The opening of the Nottingham Primark store was both exciting and sad for me, exciting because I had heard how brilliant and cheap the clothing was and sad as the store replaced Littlewoods where I had worked for nearly 5 years while at university and saw many of friends be made redundant after many years of service (although some were re-recruited by Primark).

Primark (known as Penneys in the Republic of Ireland) has over 200 stores spread over Europe. All of the stores I have been to are very large and sell a range of clothing, homeware, greetings cards and gift wrap, footware, bags, luggage etc. I am often amazed at what you can find on sale, they vary the stock all of the time so it is worth keeping an eye out for new arrivals.

~~~~~Clothing~~~~~
The clothing is the main thing that I buy the ladies range is very extensive and amazingly cheap. You can buy a plain cotton T-Shirt for around £2.50 and a winter coat for around £15.00. They also have an excellent selection of menswear and children's clothing.

~~~~~Footwear~~~~~
Primark mainly stock women's footwear although I have seen men's plimsolls and a few pairs of children's shoes in the past. The women's range of shoes is very extensive and although many are made from man-made materials it is possible to find the odd leather pair.
I have purchased many pairs of £4.00 dolly shoes in the past and have been amazed at the comfort and durability for such a cheap price. They also stock a wide range of flip flops and summer sandals as well as shoes and boots in the winter.

~~~~~Home ware~~~~~
On the first floor of our Primark store you can also find a range of home ware including, bedding, towels, cushions, shower curtains, candles etc. I have purchased many of these items in the past and again have been impressed with the quality for the great prices. In the past I have managed to pick up a king sized duvet set for just £5.00 which has been washed and washed and is still going strong.

~~~~~Seasonal/Other~~~~~
You will often find seasonal items in Primark such as Easter gifts, Mother's and Father's day gift ideas and a selection of Christmas gifts, gift wrap and decorations.
On occasion you will also find other random items on sale in Primark such as suitcases, toy and sweets etc.

I will admit when our Primark store first opened I was a little sceptical about the quality of the items for the prices but I have been nicely surprised. Yes, you are never going to get amazing quality but the items are so cheap you cannot expect them to last you a life time. But many of the clothes are rather fashionable so it means you can afford to update your wardrobe more often.

• hannahisme published 13/10/2011
    I love primark! I would much rather spend £50 in there and get 8 outfits, instead of spend £50 in Topshop and only get two tops lol x

Product Information : Primark (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 09/10/2000