Princess

Princess

Review of "Princess"

published 12/04/2005 | wormster
Member since : 13/09/2004
Pro Absolutely Beautiful, absolutely massive and ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!
Cons None, except that it all had to come to an end...
Cost of Trip
Size of your Group
Time of Year you went
Customer Service on Board
Activities on Board

"the Caribbean Princess"

Almost 1000 feet in length. 116,000 tonnes. 3,110 passengers, 1,200 crew members. 19 decks high.

I embarked my dream holiday cruise ship in February this year. I boarded at Fort Lauderdale after a spectacular time in Miami, where I had stayed at the five star intercontinental hotel. Out of all the ships docked, including the Queen Mary 2, the Caribbean princess stood out in a BIG way. Here’s my diary…

I can’t describe how absolutely enormous the thing was. We embarked on the fifth floor, plaza deck, where my beautiful stateroom awaited. Once our luggage had arrived, since it had all been taken care of for us, we took a lift up fourteen floors to the top deck, where we stayed for sailaway. Immediately the steel drums were beaten and a party erupted!

After a day at sea, we reached the small beach in the Bahamas, owned by the cruiseliner. Princess Cays, the most beautiful part of the trip, where you can snorkel around the rocks where hundreds of stunning tropical fish await you. I even had the privilege of finding an octopus hidden behind a rock! After a banana boat ride, volleyball and so many other activities, we once again boarded the ship.

After another day at sea, we docked at St Thomas, where we took a cable car up the cliff for a stunning view of the Caribbean island. It looks just as beautiful as in the brochure.

Next day was St Maarten/St Martin, which starred in the film “speed 2”. It is owned by the French on one side, and Dutch on the other. I didn’t like this island, not because of its political significance, it was because all the houses were horrible and scruffy, and there were no particular sites of interest save for the tropical coral reef, which I viewed in a glass bottom boat.

Then two more days at sea. The ship is beautiful. There is a free 24 hour buffet, a cinema screen in front of a swimming pool which had classic and new films showing almost all the time. Five swimming pools altogether with at least two hot tubs surrounding each. In the theatre we saw shows, comedians and magicians, all were brilliant. And the staff were very friendly, offering services and cleaning your room regularly.

I could go on about all its features forever, perhaps maybe I will if I have a year or two to spare. But here is some more technical data…

It was launched in 2004, and was registered in Bermuda. It is 950 feet in length, has a beam of 193 feet and a draft of 27 feet (wow!). it’s cruising speed is 24 knots.

And the cost. I cannot remember the exact cost, but for a stateroom with a window it was around £1000. but believe me it was certainly worth it and I would definitely do it again. There were rooms with balconies all around the ship, which range in price.

Thanks for reading, and photographs to follow.

• KTDouthwaite published 22/04/2005
    you must be the richest student ever! KT x
  • RICHADA published 12/04/2005
    I am a great fan of big ships but not of cruise style holidays. Would like to have read a little more about the costs of this trip and being on board. No indication of how long the cruise lasted and am a little suspicious about the around £1000. Also there was no real description of the decor and on-board activities.
  • Youngatheard60 published 12/04/2005
    Love cruising. Can't wait for the next one, July round the Med on P & O's Oriana. Your cruise sounds really reasonable for a stateroom. How many days? Barbara xx

offers "Princess"

Product Information : Princess

Listed on Ciao since: 12/07/2001

This page moved permanently here: http://travel.ciao.co.uk/Princess__Review_5494506