Pringles Texas Barbecue Sauce

Pringles Texas Barbecue Sauce

Review of "Pringles Texas Barbecue Sauce"

published 10/05/2010 | xmen109
Member since : 09/10/2009
Pro crunchy , delicious
Cons unhealthy
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"My Kind Of Texas"

Pringles is well known for it's popular tag line "Once you pop you just can't stop", referring to the crisps that can be gone in a matter of minutes. Pringles are oval-shaped crisps, shaped like wedges in a variety of exciting flavors like Sour cream and onion, Salt and vinegar, Original, Texas BBQ sauce and many more.

The Pringles Texas BBQ Sauce is the newest addition to my list. I have tasted different flavors of Pringles and I found this very enjoyable. I have never been a fan of barbecue flavors in crisps, but I actually found this Pringles version very good in taste!

PACKAGING
The tube has the famous logo with the Pringle man and a bright yellow lettering of the product name PRINGLES. The design is very cool and refreshing. The purple backdrop and images of onion, tomato, pepper hooked with pringles gives you an idea how exciting the taste could be, which makes it more interesting and appealing. At the back of the tub were the ingredients and nutritional information written in different languages which were quite helpful to others.

PRICE
They currently on offer in Tesco for half price but a tub of Pringles usually cost around £1.50.

TASTE
On the first bite, you will get a spicy kick that tastes of paprika with a hint of BBQ sauce, but these crisps taste is quite subtle that makes me eat more and as you getting into it , you will notice a real sweet taste of a barbecue seasoning. The minute you pop the lid you will smell the aroma vibe and the reddish flavoring which are quite off putting to some people. The taste is quite tangy mixed with sweet which I absolutely love as well as the texture and thickness.

NUTRITIONAL DATA per 100g (from the tub):

Energy: 516 kcal
Protein: 3.9g
Carbohydrate: 53g (of which sugars : 3.8g)
Fat: 32g (of which saturates : 7g)
Fibre: 2.6g
Sodium: 0.6g

Although it has a great taste, they are not the healthiest snacks. These crisps are not designed to be eaten every day considering the fat content and high salt ingredient , so better have it as a special treat.

RECOMMENDATION
As what I expect, the quality of Pringles has always been superb and this flavor does not disappoint me so I highly recommend these Pringles texas barbecue sauce flavour. They are simply delicious and great in every aspect. These are also suitable for vegetarians. Definitely one of my favorite flavor so if you like barbecue, better try and give them a go.

• Angela150 published 14/06/2010
    I love Pringles but I prefer salt and vinegar! A good review.
  • theguester published 08/06/2010
    I love this flavour and Paprika ones too! :)
  • Staffenburg published 19/05/2010