Printerinks.com

Navigation
Site content & information
Range of services/products
Prices

"Just refill, but wear gloves!!"

The black refill pack

The black refill pack

I print out alot of things on my home PC so when I saw refills I thought I would try them

They are available in two backs, Black and coloured. I bought both. The pack states that it is compatable with over 1000 printers and faxes.

What you get:
In the black pack you get
30ml of black ink
30ml of flush
A syring
A handled Screw
A plug

In the couloured you get the smae but to replace the black ink you get
30ml Blue ink
30ml Red ink
30ml Yellow ink.

In both you also get an instruction leaflet. This is when the fun starts!!!!

The leaflet is broken down in cartridge types so first you need to locate yours. The fill techhiniques are different depending on the type but once you know how to get the ink in the procedure is the same. I will descibe how I fill mine.

First things first put on gloves I didnt on first go and ended up with the ink on my hands. I also recomend putting down something incase some comes out the bottom.

Firstly peel back the sticker on the top to expose the holes fil the syring with the first ink and locate the hole wher it goes, the syring has a wide needle on the end which you put into the sponge in the cartridge. slowly inject util it comes out either the top or the head of the cartridge. Blot off the excess and ensure that the head has been blotted aswell. I recommend sticking the sticker back down until you are ready with the next colour
you then need to clean out the syring and needle and dry them thouroughly before going onto the next colour, repeat as before until all three colours are full. the sticker shoudl then be firmly stuck down again and the cartridge shoudl be left on a non absorbant surface overnight for all the ink to soak in.
The black cartridge is filled in the same way.

The screw and plug are for use on some cartridges which need the filling hole widened.

I have used the black refill on numerous occasions now with very good effects one bottle refills about 6 times so it is very good value for money and you would never tell iot was a refill.

The coloured refills are a different story i have found that the coulours tend to bleed into each other and results are pretty poor. I have only used one refill pack on this and would not buy it again.

Since most of the things printed out are in black and white I think the black refill is excellent and will continue to use it ( now on about my 5th pack) and as it is the same price as for one refill I am getting at least 6 times more for my money.

• Minha published 26/11/2005
    We had problems with the colours but the black was O.K. Hazel xx
  • Drone007 published 25/11/2005
    Great review, personally id rather buy a new cartridge than take the risk. Lee
  • glenandem published 25/11/2005