Pro Plus Stimulant

Pro Plus Stimulant

Review of "Pro Plus Stimulant"

published 22/09/2009 | iamasadlittleboy
Member since : 20/06/2006
Ok I dont usually check my guestbook on here, so if someone needs to ask my anything at all, could they please e-mail me, penypicker@gmail.com TY :-)
Pro Caffeine pills, cheap
Cons Slow to act, not a great taste
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Professional addition"

\Tired can be a really big problem for some people who either don't find a way to get enough enough sleep, or just naturally can't, people with broken body clocks can have a complete night mare whilst awake. Other can feel bored to sleep and after doing something for several hours which is repetitive and rather boring they can be on the verge of sleeping anyway, often at the wrong time. I myself never seem to get enough sleep but I also seem to be in a job that would send even the most awake of folk to sleep after 8 hours, a terrible combination it must be said.

After having tried a wide variation of energy drinks and even chocolate bars claiming to provide energy I decided to go to the pills that contain caffeine and see if they would work. The caffeine drinks had some success, Lucozade Alert and Red Bull seemed the best of the rather wide range I tried (which also included Rockstar, Monster, Relentless, Red Rooster and Boost), but seemed rather slow to kick in. When you're already knocking on the door to unconscious town you want a slap in the face immediately, and instant revival. So with plenty of hope I bought Pro Plus (easily the most famous brand of the pills in the UK).

I managed to get 24 pills for £1.49 (which is a bargain compared to what they can cost at time) so tried some at work when I last felt unsteady and heady on the verge of collapsing into a sleeping heap. The pills are small and white, similar to a small Smartie in size and shape, apparently they are covered in Sorbitol (a type of sugar) so the instructions advice you to take that into consideration if you're on a sugar regulated diet. With each pill containing 50mg of Caffeine they amount isn't huge (each pill is 1/8th your RDA of the stuff) when compared to some of the drinks, but it's taken a lot quicker than a drink, so will this make any difference?

Originally I did as the instructions said and took 2 of the pills, sadly after 30 minutes this had had no effect, I was still feeling like I'd been caught by a Mike Tyson left uppercut under the jaw, disorientated and on the precipice of going down for the count. So I took another, and guess what, that actually seemed to work, 10 minutes after taking a third I was awake, things we're good, I could see things other than my eyelids and could get out more than 4 words between yawns.

For those interested the pills are created by the people at Bayer the same folk behind Rennie (the ant-acid pills that I seem to be taking more than I should), though there are other caffeine pills on the market these are considered the premier product. For one they have more caffeine in them than some rivals (PEP pills by Galpharm for example only have 30mg per pill). Though some would still rather have the drinks (which are slower) the feeling they taste much nicer has to be accepted as this tasted sweet but of nothing in particular.

Overall I can imagine this product being a long time ally at a job I find the best cure for insomnia I've ever found, sadly it's a case of wrong place, wrong time, in regards to my sleeping problems. For those wanting help getting to sleep, work in a call centre, for those wanting to stay awake, these work though it could be argued you need to over dose on the product for it to really work, because 8 a day just sometimes won't get you through a complete day.

Side Effects can include:
Tremors, Insomnia, Headache, Tinnitus, Nausea, Diarrhoea, a need to pee more, Heart Palpitations, rapid breathing, (though not on the packaging, they can also cause a sugar rush style high).

• mumsymary published 23/09/2009
    I rememberr student friend using this in examn times in the mid 70's
  • TheHairyGodmother published 23/09/2009
    Well reviewed! VH
  • rosebud2001 published 22/09/2009
    I remember back in the late 80s clubbers used to use this to stay awake. Never tried it myself mind!

Product Information : Pro Plus Stimulant