Pro Plus Stimulant

Pro Plus Stimulant

Review of "Pro Plus Stimulant"

published 02/07/2011 | jipp05
Member since : 31/05/2010
Excuse the glut. Don't feel you have to rate all the reviews I'm posting just making the most of the bonus whilst it is still around.
Pro Do keep you awake
Cons Not for long term use
Side effects
Effectiveness

"An occassional little help"

An occassional little help

We've all those time in life when we are extremely tired and need some extra pep whether it's studying for exams or going to work after a big night out. The traditional thing to do is drink lots of coffee but there is an easier way to staying awake and that is with pro plus tablets.

Pro plus are tablets that contain caffeine 50mg per tablet to be precise about the same amount in a strong cup of coffee. They seem to have been around in the UK for as long as I can remember and while once the preserve of students cramming for exams as life becomes more hectic for all of us more and more people are turning to them to give a helping hand.

Personally I really do prefer more herbal remedies but I have on occasion been known to take pro plus to give me an instant boost. The directions are pretty similar to those for paracetamols, take 1 or 2 tablets every 4 hours as needed but don't exceed 8 in a 24 hour period. As I said I only take them when I really feel the need so for me I need 2 minimum for them to work but these are surprisingly potent little pills.

Within a few minutes of taking the pills you notice the effects kicking in and while it is not the same as waking up refreshed from a nap they do make you more alert and less tired. I also drink a lot of coffee and I have noticed that when I combine coffee and pro plus I really do start to get a little bit hyper and for the next hour or so I am unstoppable but then I begin to crash and exhaustion washes over me so it's back to taking another 2 pills to be able to wake up again.
Another side effect of mixing these with caffeine is that I can actually feel my heart beating faster which is a bit of a concern.
Yes when you are taking the pro plus they work but the after effects leaving you feeling worse than before.

There are plenty other caffeine pills now available but pro plus are the original and most widely know so for that reason they are also the easiest to get a hold of with pretty much every supermarket, petrol station, corner shop ad chemist stocking them. They are actually quite reasonably priced for a well known brand being £1.70 for a box of 24 at tesco.

For me I only ever use them when I need them and I would hate to be reliant on them like some of my friends who pop pro plus like sweets. I would imagine they would really mess up your sleep pattern with long term use and for that I only personally recommend them for occasional use.

• RICHADA published 04/07/2011
    Best avoided if at all possible these products in my opinion. R.

Product Information : Pro Plus Stimulant