Protaras (Cyprus)

Protaras (Cyprus)

Review of "Protaras (Cyprus)"

published 06/05/2001 | ClaireH
Member since : 03/05/2001
Pro Weather, Scenery, Fairly cheap
Cons Roads can be quite busy, Weather can get extremely hot, especially in high season

"Penera, near Protaras"

Last year, my family and myself decided to go on holiday to Cyprus. My mum had heard good things about it, so we decided to go to Protaras. We stayed in a smaller town about 1 mile from Protaras centre, called Penera. It is a lovely town, which is quiet and relaxing. There is a long road with all the bars and restaurants on it, then from our hotel it took about 5 minutes to get to Penera Beach. The beach is clean and not as busy as the main beaches nearby, such as Fig Tree Bay, although very nice, when we went, we couldn't find any space!

The weather is absolutely beautiful and very warm. It is a perfect location, because everywhere is just a taxi ride away. It doesn't take long to get around, because it's quite a small island. I'd have to warn people about the scooters, because a lot of people find this way fun to travel, so they can come speeding from any direction. I would say it is quite a safe place to be and people there are really friendly. It's mostly British and Germans.

There is a water park in Agia Napa, which has a Greek theme to it, it is very enjoyable, although, because you walk around with nothing on your feet, the floor can really burn your feet!! This is an ideal day out for families with either teenagers or small children, most hotels run trips each week. It can get quite busy, but if you pre-book, you can get in more quickly.

The parts of the island which i visited, were extremely nice, and mostly quite busy, but full of shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. Cyprus deffinitely caters for everybody, old or young.

• jefferson published 06/05/2001
    Brilliant first op! Welcome to Ciao :)
  • tom13 published 06/05/2001
    WOW. This opinion just blows me away. Fantastic. Keep up the good work.
  • Michael-S published 06/05/2001
    I've never been to Cyprus, but it may be worth to consider. Welcome to Ciao. Take care, Michael.

Product Information : Protaras (Cyprus)

Listed on Ciao since: 13/07/2000