Psion Revo Plus

Psion Revo Plus

Review of "Psion Revo Plus"

published 30/03/2001 | MikeWhalley
Member since : 26/03/2001
Pro Leather, better looking than a plastic case, snug fit and reasonably cheap
Cons Offers only slight protection when dropped.
Speed
Look & Feel
Memory / capacity
Comfort & Portability
Robustness & Durability

"Corniche leather case. Protect your Revo in style"

As you could probably tell by my opinion that I wrote about the Revo Plus, I was very impressed by it overall. But one thing I wasn't too sure about was it's sturdyness. As I had dropped my Revo on numerous occations (I know, very silly of me!), I decided to hunt for something to help prevent me from putting a huge crack down the centre of it once and for all.

So I searched high and low on the internet, only to find some hard plastic Psion cases. I wasn't too impressed, as they were around £20 at the time. So I'm sorry to say this, but I decided to pop down to my local PC World - and was plesantly surprised. What they had there, apart from the plastic hard cases (and I don't mean the students working there), was a Corniche black leather case. This was more like it. It has a slight bit of padding, but obviously offering nowhere near as much protection as the hard case. However, it /is/ a lot more professional looking, I think.

It consists of a fold over pouch with a pop button to keep it closed. It forms a snug fit around the Revo, as it has been specifically designed for it. It also means that it's barely noticably bigger than the Revo itself.

I was able to buy the revo for the pleasant price of £11.99. Bargain. Worth every penny, as even though it's probably not as protective as you would hope, it's certainly helped a couple of times I've dropped mine and also protects it against any dents and scratches of everyday life.

Well worth the 12 quid.

• simondh published 31/03/2001
    Great! I was looking for something similar for my Osaris organiser... PC World - here I come! Si

Product Information : Psion Revo Plus

Psion Connect presents the Revo Plus taking the Revo to new horizons of increased capacity and extended Internet communications options. It provides enough room to accommodate more of your information and the addition of extended applications, such as fully functional Web browsing solutions. If you're juggling social connections, business commitments and the totally unexpected, pick up a Psion Revo Plus. Psion Revo Plus is designed to fit right into your pocket - and right into your life. It offers agenda, contacts manager, e-mail on the move, jotter, PC sync and lots more to stay ahead of a busy life.

Product Description: Psion Revo Plus - handheld - EPOC32 5

Operating System: Symbian EPOC32 5

Display

Type: Monochrome

Resolution: 480 x 160

Colour Depth: 4-bit (16 grey levels)

Processor

Audio: Speaker

Input Device

Type: Keyboard, touch-screen

Software

Preloaded Software: Agenda, Appointment book, Jotter, Phonebook, Contacts, Web Browser, E-mail, Alarm/World Time, Word, Sheet, Data, Cascade, Calc, PsiWin 2.3

Expansion and Connectivity

Interfaces: 1 ¦ 1 x serial RS-232

Connectivity Devices: Docking station

Power

Voltage Required: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )

Battery

Installed Qty (Max Supported): 2 (installed) / 2 (max)

Technology: Nickel Metal Hydride - AAA type