Pukka Cleansing Tea

Pukka Cleansing Tea

Helping you to feel radiant from the inside out.

Review of "Pukka Cleansing Tea"

published 18/01/2012 | ntg13
Member since : 22/02/2008
Trying to find time for some reviews/rates!
Pro nice packaging, great taste, not expensive
Cons not sure it actually makes much difference to skin
Taste
Effectiveness
Price level

"A pukka cupa cleansing tea"

I quite like some herbal and fruit teas, other I don't rate much at all, so trying a new one is always a bit risky for me! I saw this tea for sale in Holland and Barrett along with a few others from Pukka and decided it looked good enough to give it a try.

The tea cost me £2.19 for 20 bags and is available on Holland and Barrett's web site as well as in their shops. I thought the price was reasonable, especially when you consider that it only costs only 11p per cup of tea.

The packaging is quite nice, you get a box with individually packaged tea bags inside and the whole package is covered with a clear cellophane wrapper. The box and the individual packets are all green and neutral colours, the box features a pattern made up from silhouettes of people. I think the calming colours represent the product well. The only problem I have is that there is a little more packaging than I personally feel is necessary.

Each individually wrapped tea bag stays nice and fresh until you need it. When it comes to use it, the little packets are easy to open and the tea bag inside is a rectangular shape and has it's own string and label attached. Other than the label, the tea bags look the same as any other tea bag, but they smell a little nicer than most!

When making the tea the smell is pleasant and the colour is almost like honey. I find that I don't need to add sugar or sweeteners to this tea, it already tastes great. The overall smell is like liquorice and in the taste I can certainly taste liquorice and fennel, I wouldn't have been able to pick out the other ingredients without looking at the pack though.

The ingredients are; nettle leaf, peppermint leaf, fennel seed, dandelion root, liquorice root and aloe vera leaf. All of the ingredients are 100% organic, vegetarian and vegan friendly. The product is free of artificial flavourings, preservatives, additives, sugar, sweeteners and caffeine. So, I'm pretty sure this tea is guilt free for pretty much everyone!

This cleansing tea is made with ingredients which have traditionally been used to nourish the skin. Pukka say on their website: "Cleanse tea is a unique blend of cleansing herbs with fantastic purifying properties. Drink it throughout the day to help maintain a healthy, glowing complexion" and the box says that the tea purifies the skin. Although I cannot say if this has done anything much to my skin it certainly hasn't done it any harm! I do feel cleansed and relaxed when drinking this and will certainly buy it again.

• Coloneljohn published 03/02/2012