Review of "Pukka Pad Jotta"

published 06/08/2011 | daisyleex
Member since : 24/05/2011
Pro Great quality, lightweight, handy size
Cons High price unless reduced

"Pukka Pads"

I'm at Uni at the moment which involves taking lots of notes and keeping track of my days, and although i'm a big moleskine fan was finding it too expensive to replace them at the speed i was getting through them, as at £9 a pad it's not cheap!

I decided to look around on Amazon for an alternative, and saw the Pukka Pads, which were £10 for a pack of three books with 200 pages per pad. I decided against it and got some cheapo pads from my pound shop but due to the huge lacking of quality went to my local tesco in search of a cheap but decent quality notepad.

Well it must of bein meant to be, at the end of the stationary isle was a huge shelf full of reduced pukka pads! There was a huge 400 page one which i got for £1.99, aswell as the pack of 3 smaller ones for a tiny £4.89! I was chuffed after knowing how expensive they can be full price.

My little pack of 3 pukka pads are really good to stick into my bag and are a handy size, they're A4 but are really versatile and light. The quality shines through and the pages are smooth, thick and are wirebound into the notepad so its really easy to manouver the pages without worrying they might rip out, however if you do want to rip a page out it is easy and the page comes away neatly.

The paper as mentioned is great quality. It's actually nice to write on as with a nice pen it just flows, it does show through on the other side a tiny bit but for anyone who has a moleskine - it definetly doesn't show through as much as them! In fact it's barely noticeable and i was easily able to write on both sides.

With 200 pages in each pad, i'm still on my first one, and still have 2 more books to fill out which although i'm forever writing notes it seems they'll last for a while! Great product, good value, and a good price if you shop around a bit!

• lou1990lou published 09/08/2011
    good review, i must say i agree with what you say
  • Gooseydyoo published 09/08/2011
    I always think they look so bright and cheerful, and they really are, as you say, good quality note books.
  • IzzyInTheHouse published 06/08/2011
    Nice review, I love the bright spotty kind of ones! x

offers "Pukka Pad Jotta"