sambam000 4

sambam000

About me: Thanks to IVF, I have achieved my dream job of SAHM, & thus will be reviewing mainly baby & household products. TY for reading/rating - I shall endeavour to return the favour!

Member since:07.06.2009

Cute clothing for your little pumpkins!

24.07.2009

Advantages:
Nice co - ordinating ranges for babies & children .

Disadvantages:
Some sections can be cluttered .

Range of products

Speed of deliveryAverage

Value for MoneyAverage

10 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. wantaratgirl
  3. azana

I first came across Pumpkin Patch while on a shopping trip in Leeds. I popped in for a quick look, since babywear shops seem few & far between. I was really tempted to buy a few items, but since my 20 week scan was a few weeks away (and I planned on finding out whether baby was a he or a she), I forced myself to leave empty handed & vowed to return again.

Shortly after, a branch of Pumpkin Patch opened in my hometown. I have since seen many branches of the store (on my further afield shopping trips) aswell as concessions within larger department stores. I can only assume that the company (from Australia) is now taking off in a pretty big way here.

When I returned to PP, I wasn't as taken with the selection as I had been on my first visit, but since I don't like come home empty-handed (and there was a multibuy sale on!) I persevered through the selection & left with several sleepsuits/vests & matching socks & a blanket.

Babywear is situated at the entrance to the store & is generally well laid out with boyswear to the left & girlswear to the right. As you move through the store, the babywear leads into clothing for older children. The bottom of the store houses a small selection of maternity clothing & generally some sale areas.

I have found that lately there is always an offer on - such as 'buy 1 get 1 half price', or certain ranges at 40% off. Prices are usually pretty reasonable anyway. The designs tend to centre around a theme/colour scheme with each season, meaning that most of the range will mix and match well. Some clothing rails can be overcrowded & it becomes difficult to see the products on offer, but for the most part things are well laid out. Small gift/novelty items can also be found at the checkout.

The staff have always been pleasant & welcoming. Checkout is usually swift & goods are packaged in sturdy cardboard bags, with (occasionally free) gift boxes on offer if the items are bought as a gift.

paulpry118 31.07.2009 23:00

I seem to have trouble with the sizing on pumpkin patch clothes for my daughter, they seem to be very random. I can pick up one item and it will fit then another item of the same size will be far too small for her

wantaratgirl 26.07.2009 10:35

Really good review! Pumpkin Patch sounds like a good place to shop! Ratty :¬) xx

azana 26.07.2009 08:52

They have an extra 20% off their sale stuff at the moment. I picked up a stack of stuff yesterday for £32. If you have girls it is great as they do colours other than pale pink! Full priced it is expensive though.