Pure Digital Evoke 2

Pure Digital Evoke 2

Radio Devices, Portable Radios - without CD Player

Review of "Pure Digital Evoke 2"

published 20/10/2004 | FatCat
Member since : 12/09/2002
I enjoy live music, real ale, Belgian beers, crafts, I work in London, I have two kittens and numerous tropical fish, married no children by choice.
Pro DAB & FM bands
Cons size
Alarm Quality
Radio Quality
Clock Quality
Sound & Volume
Range of Features

"Keeps me sane in a sometimes stressful job"

I bought this radio as I was fed up with the lack of variety on normal radio. The big advantage of this is it's digital capability currently there are 58 stations available although from my location (60's built concrete block in West London) approximately 1/3 of the available stations cannot get a signal. The first DAB radio I bought was an Intempo and I was unable to get any signal at all in my location so it was returned and exchanged for the Pure Evoke 2.

PRICE: was £150 but no doubt it can be found cheaper now. A recent search on the internet gives a minimum today of £123 for this model from 24-7 electrical.

WHERE BOUGHT: in Dixons April 2004.

The Evoke2 has 6 preset buttons which are easy to set. The reception is a vast improvement on normal radio which gets a particularly poor reception in my office wheras the DAB very rarely disappears although I only use it at work so cannot comment on reception elsewhere.

Adjustable tone.

The display can be changed to show any of the following: scrolling text showing what you are listening to, this depends on the station as not all of them provide details, the type of station, the multiplex name, channel, time & date etc. The order of stations in the full scroll list can be changed to show the most frequently used stations first, very useful if you listen to more than 6 stations regularly.

The large selection of different stations means that you can always find something to suit whether it be for music, dialogue or sporting commentary. My personal favourite is Planet Rock but I also listen to Radio 5live extra, Capital Gold and a few others when the mood takes me. Planet Rock & 5live sports extra are NOT available on normal radio they are DAB channels only.

I use it all day every day Monday to Friday with no problems. It sounds perfectly clear.

Whilst it can be battery operated, as I use it a work I always use the mains adaptor so cannot comment on it's battery operation.

No alarm with this model.

• peterkinxl5 published 07/02/2005
    From the sublime to the ridiculous on this sadly. Sorry I gave it a SH-you need to tell us an awful lot more like what sets it apart from a normal radio (don't assume everybody knows what a DAB radio is), what sort of price it can be picked up for?, what is the signal sensitivity like? An do on and so forth. You also need to space out your info more and put more down on the pros and cons. Resubmit, and I will be happy to upgrade my mark. Regards-Peter.
  • Rosassnaps published 21/10/2004
    Excuse me for being dim......but what makes this more special than a radio...or is it a radio? I've never seen or heard of it before. Is it a new type of radio?? What do you listen to on Sat. and Sun.?!!
  • Delicate_Orchid published 20/10/2004