Pure Digital Siesta

Pure Digital Siesta

Review of "Pure Digital Siesta"

published 15/04/2010 | Wilsonthedog
Member since : 15/04/2010
Pro Looks good, adjustable settings, good features
Cons Can't turn backlight off completely
Alarm Quality
Radio Quality
Clock Quality
Sound & Volume
Range of Features

"Pure Siesta- Finally found a DAB alarm that does what I want!"

I have been after a DAB alarm clock for a long time, and have had some bad experiences. For example not being able to set the volume low enough, so that I am woken up and nearly given a heart attack every morning! In fact I have bought and thrown away 2 different DAB alarms so far. So I found the Pure SIesta, and thought I would give it a go, more exoensive than I would usually buy, but at least a well known brand that are experienced in the world of DAB.
I can safely say that this is one of the best DAB alarms on the market, especially in the under £50 range. The setting of the alarm is a little confusing the first couple of times, but as soon as you understand it is easy. I can choose DAB, FM or an alarm tone, and I easily pick up all the DAB stations I need, such as 6 music and 1 Xtra, without even having to ensure the aerial is in a certain position.
I can choose which volume I want the alarm to be set at, even if I am listening at a different volume before I go to sleep. The only downside is the fact that you can't totally turn the backlight off. However the lowest setting is very dim, and it does not disturb my sleep in any way. You can also set it brighter should you wish. All in all an excellent little alarm, that looks good, and will hopefully last for many years. Hoghly recommended

• LawrenceP published 15/04/2010
    No point in a bedroom alarm if it isn't always lit up. I'd like to have seen more info on the product like station presets, sound quality, stereo speakers? dual alarms?, headphone socket, etc. If you include such info I'll re-rate.

offers "Pure Digital Siesta"

Product Information : Pure Digital Siesta

This Pure siesta DAB/FM digital clock radio comes in black with pre-set stations and a clock/alarm function. This affordable and stylish clock radio has quality DAB digital radio to experience crisp, clear high-quality sound with more choice and comes complete with integrated USB connectivity.

EAN: 0759454809072, 5055301250017, 7900154356189, 0759454808723, 0759454813802, 0759454813796

Colour: Black, White