Pureology Strength Cure Conditioner

Review of "Pureology Strength Cure Conditioner"

published 11/12/2016 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro smells nice, leaves hair feeling amazingly smooth and soft, less breakage
Cons price, scent doesn't last
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"My Hair Feels Amazingly Smooth and Soft."

= = = = = =
The Product
= = = = = =
I recently reviewed the Pureology Strength Shampoo so I am now reviewing the Pureology Strength Conditioner. For best results, this conditioner is to be used after the Pureology Strength shampoo. This strength conditioner instantly detangles and conditions whilst strengthening damaged hair. With its focus to improve hairs shine and softness, this product is the ultimate conditioner to protect your hair. This conditioner is for coloured/highlighted hair. The product features and anti-fade complex and Asta-repair formula which helps to improve body, smoothness and suppleness whilst helping to reduce split ends. The conditioner comes in a blue plastic bottle which matches the shampoo in this range but the conditioner stands on its lid unlike the shampoo. The lid to the bottle is a dark purple. On the front of the bottle it states the range the conditioner is from and what type of hair it’s suitable for. It also has the pureology logo on the front of the bottle as well. On the back of the bottle it gives you a little information about the product and how to use it. You can also find a list of ingredients as well.

Price/Availability
= = = = = = = =
I tend to purchase any Pureology products from www.lookfantastic.com as that’s the cheapest place where I have found these products. You can purchase the products from most hair salons although I find they are lot more expensive. A 250ml bottle of conditioner is priced at £14.00 on the look fantastic website. You can purchase a bottle of shampoo and conditioner (both 250ml bottles) for £25.20. I actually managed to purchase a special set which included the Shampoo, Conditioner and a Serum for £28.00 which was a really good price as it’s normally around £40.

= = = = = = = = =
Using the Product
= = = = = = = = =
After washing my hair with the shampoo in this range and rinsing it out, I then towel dried my hair. I never used to towel dry my hair before putting conditioner in but my hair-dresser advised me to do this so I have started doing this every time I wash my hair now. After towel drying my hair I dispensed a small amount of the conditioner into the palm of my hand. I dispensed an amount slightly smaller than a 2p. The conditioner is a light pink colour just like the shampoo; although the conditioner is slightly thicker is consistency which is expected. I applied the conditioner to my hair concentrating on the lengths and ends but I did apply it to the rest of my hair as well, massaging it into the scalp, and then I brushed it through with a wide toothed comb. I then washed and did what else I had to in the shower and I then rinsed the conditioner off. The conditioner has a similar smell to the shampoo, which is quite light but pleasant. As I washed the conditioner out of my hair I could already feel a difference to my hair. Despite my hair being wet I could feel that my hair felt smoother and softer than it had done before. I found that the conditioner easy to rinse out.

= = = =
Results
= = = =
I wrapped my hair in a towel for a good 5mins before using a tangle teezer brush on my hair. My hair seemed to be a lot less knotty that it sometimes is so the brush went through my hair without catching on any tangles. I sectioned my hair and using a large round brush I blow dried it until it was completely dry. As I blew dry my hair I could smell the scent of the conditioner in my hair which was nice as it smelt lovely and clean. After blow drying my hair I couldn’t believe how soft and smooth it felt. My hair felt amazing. I have actually never known my hair to feel so soft and smooth before. My hair also looked lovely and healthy. It had a nice shine to it and the colour was lovely and vibrant as well. Despite using straighteners on my hair, the following day my hair still felt and looked amazing (after re-styling), I was really impressed. I did really notice the scent in my hair the following day which was a little disappointing. I did have to wash my hair on the 3rd day which is completely normal as I was my hair every 2-3 days anyway.

Overall Opinion
= = = = = = = =
I am so glad that my hair-dresser recommend this product range to me as when using the shampoo, followed by the conditioner it makes a huge difference to my hair. My hair feels so soft and smooth when using these two products and it looks a lot healthier as well. My colour is lovely and vibrant and my hair appears shiny and healthy looking. I still can’t believe how soft and smooth this product makes my hair feel. The consistency of the conditioner is perfect and like the shampoo you only need to use a little of it and then once applied just brush it through wet hair and leave for a few minutes before rinsing out. I like the scent of the product as it smells clean and fresh but it’s a shame the scent doesn’t last a little longer once washing your hair. I only use the shampoo and conditioner in this range around once a week in between my other Pureology products but I have noticed that my hair seems to be breaking a lot less than it used to when brushing it. Like the shampoo, this product isn’t exactly cheap but as it’s improved the condition of my hair and it leaves it feeling and looking amazing, I can justify spending this amount on the product. If you hair is in need of some strength then I highly recommend this product but obviously you will get better results when using the shampoo and the conditioner in this range.

• olvfrncsc published 26/12/2016
    VH :)
  • olvfrncsc published 26/12/2016
    VH :)
  • jb0077 published 24/12/2016
    vh

offers "Pureology Strength Cure Conditioner"