Review of "Pyrex Glass Jug"

published 02/01/2015 | wazza115
Member since : 31/03/2012
Happy Easter everyone, still catching up on my rates :)
Pro Strudy, durable, good price
Cons None
Ease of Use
Price

"Pass the jug"

Over the years we have had many plastic jugs which after a while, start to look tired and a bit dingy so the last time I needed to replace, I decided to invest in a Pyrex jug. We already have a few Pyrex items so I was confident in what I was buying.

Price& availability

The jug retails for around £5 or £6 which I think is quite reasonable and widely available in supermarkets, online and homeware stores. I managed to pick mine up from Tesco’s and used my points to double up so I didn’t end up paying too much for one.

The jug

There are a couple of different sized jug available, we choose the one which can hold 0.5litres, it measures 15cm x 12cm in diameter. One of the things that attracted me to the jug was how clear the markings are on it, they are in bright red paint so easy to read and see from a distance and it measures both litres and pints. The jug is made from really thick glass which I feel gives it an expensive look and feel yet doesn’t feel too heavy, even when it is full of liquid and it has quite a chunky handle on the side making it easy to pick up.

The jug still looks like new, despite using this at least once a week to make gravy in, the jug doesn’t have any scratches on and all the markings are still in place. Pyrex also claim that it is stain resistant and it doesn’t retail odours which is good, there’s nothing worse that gravy tasting custard.

I also like that the jug has a really good ‘lip’ on it so that I can pour accurately and easily. As an added bonus, the dish comes with a 10 year guarantee, as well as being suitable for dishwashers, it is also fridge and freezer safe and can it withstand heat of up to 230 degrees.

Overall

I would definitely recommend this jug, we have had ours for a few years now and it has been a good investment. From me, this gets 5 out of 5 stars.

Thanks for reading.

• pinky50 published 14/01/2015
    Vh honey x
  • AnneLorraine1 published 04/01/2015
    vh
  • RICHADA published 04/01/2015
    Life simply wouldn't be the same without at least one of these in the kitchen, what else would i pour custard from? R.