Review of "Pyrex Multipurpose Reheat Plate"

published 06/03/2012 | randy_edith
Member since : 25/09/2011
Well I didn't dig the hole deep enough and now something's dug poor Gertie back up, I think it's a fox, it's very upsetting to see
Pro They are very tough and very useful to have
Cons Nothing
Ease of Use

"They are really tough and handy"

I have two Pyrex reheat plates. These plates are very useful and nice and big at about 25cm across. I paid £2.20 for each of my plates and I have had them a long time, as I have with all of my Pyrex wear. They are made to last and are very good quality.

I use my reheat plates for in the oven or in the microwave. They can be reheated to a very high temperature and they will not break. The plates are glass, as they are Pyrex but they are really useful if I have had too much dinner and put food to one side for later. I can keep it fresh in the fridge for the next day and then take the plate to the microwave and reheat it without having to put it onto another plate. I can also do this with the oven but the microwave is quicker. I have also used these plates in my freezer when I have covered food with tin foil and then frozen it for another day. They are fine in the freezer and do not get damaged, as this is what they are designed for.

The glass on these plates is toughened. They are dishwasher safe as well though as I do not have a dishwasher I cannot say if they wash fine or not. I wash mine in the sink with hot soapy water and then leave to drain. What I like about these plates is that they do not mark and they do not pick up stains or smell, even from strong foods which linger, such as onions.

I have also chopped food on them and the knife does not make any marks at all as they are so tough. These are very handy plates to have and they have never become knocked or marked at all in all the time I have owned them.

I recommend these plates to you.

• jb899 published 06/03/2012