Review of "Pyrex Multipurpose Reheat Plate"

published 30/04/2012 | kama0529
Member since : 03/10/2005
I'm here to review products in as honest a way as possible. I will rate any product by those who rate me. If I miss you then just let me know :)
Good
Pro Made of Pyrex. Toughened glass. Thermal resistant.
Cons I don't know what you'd use if for
Ease of Use

"What for?"

As with all Pyrex products, this is excellent quality and fantastic value for money. However, the one reservation I have about this Pyrex Re-heat Plate is that I'm not exactly sure what its functions is. It's essentially a glass plate - but why you need a glass plate made out of Pyrex I'm not sure. I guess it's function stems from the fact that it can go in the oven, but generally if Im reheating food I would tend to put in in the microwave so that it doesn't dry out. Nevertheless, I do own one, but for the life of me I don't know why I would have bought it.

The size of this plate is what I would classify as normal plate size. It's 25cm in diameter and so you can get a normal sized dinner or tart (or whatever) onto it. In typical Pyrex fashion, it's made out of plain glass which has been strengthened and is also thermal resistant and so it can be used in the freezer, oven and microwave - and it takes a lot to actually break it. There is no getting away from the fact that Pyrex is great quality. However, I find myself very rarely using this because I just don't have the need for it, and it doesn't even serve as a presentation plate because it's not exactly elegant.

It is dishwasher safe and despite having owned it for probably about 15 years, it still looks good as new. So, if you can find a use for it then it's a great product - but if not then I'd say buy one of the dishes on offer.