Single Track from Cascada - Genre: Dance - Release Year: 2010

Review of "Pyromania - Cascada (Single)"

published 06/03/2011 | D-Motion
Member since : 08/03/2010
My name is Nathan, I love reviewing many different items so it creates awareness about the prouduct, I write honestly and try my best to include every detail about the product.
Pro Incredibly Catchy
Cons None
Originality
Quality of Lyrics/Music
How does it compare to the artist's other releases?

"Ow! A Fired Up Dance Track!"

Background Information

"Pyromania" is Cascada's first single after the "Evacuate The Dancefloor" era. It is believed that it will be featured on their forthcoming 4th studio album; however, nothing is yet confirmed. The track premiered on Cascada's official site on February 12th and was later released digitally on March 19th. It charted at #60 on the official UK singles chart, and I am not surprised as the track was not promoted. It was written by DJ Manian and Yanou Peifer (the two other members of Cascada). Allan Eshuys also lent a hand in co-writing the single, who has written many other Cascada songs. The track is also featured on Clubland 17 along with many other big dance hits.

The song itself follows in a very similar style to "Evacuate The Dancefloor" but doesn't move too far away from their euro-dance roots. It is injected with the electro sound (which is used a lot nowadays) which show Cascada are moving towards this new direction, but don't worry they don't completely ditch their heavy dance sound. Does this track live up to their monster hit "Evacuate The Dancefloor"?

Tracklisting

1. "Pyromania" (Radio Edit)
2. "Pyromania" (Cahill Remix)

The track opens in a similar way to what "Poker Face" (Lady GaGa) does and the whole production of the track is a mix of "Poker Face" and their recent hit "Evacuate The Dancefloor". Although critics slam this track as being a Lady GaGa rip-off, I believe that DJ Manian was just influenced by the production used in GaGa tracks. But it is up to you what you believe.

The first verse then opens with lead vocalist, Natalie Horler, opening the the song with;

"Call me obsessed, call me insane,
Something is creeping through my veins"

As the verse progresses, leading towards the pre-chorus, the production of the track steps up and we then enter the chorus. The strong dance beats then appear like they do in many Cascada tracks... and the chrous is extremely catchy, fun, but a little repetitive. Like I've mentioned above... the production isn't completely original. But I do give credit to Cascada for developing a strong memorable chrous. You'll end up getting it stuck in your head whether you like it or not;

"Pyromania, Pyromania ow, Pyromania, Ah ah ow
Pyromania, Pyromania ow, Ow ow owww"

Although you may find the chrous does drag on a bit, Natalie's vocals shine in the bridge of the song which is her strongest point in the track. But before that we are re-introduced to the robotic mans voice just like we heard in "Evacuate The Dancefloor". It does give the track more depth however it sometimes feels too similar to "Evacuate The Dancefloor" and you'll tell that the structures of both songs are similar.

The song is accompanied with a video which isn't worth discussing about. It is incredibly cheap and we don't see much fire at all. What is the songs title again? We do see Natalie do a bit more dancing in the track, which is quite rare, after all they are a dance band. Throughout the video we see Natalie in a white fur coat, swinging on a circular hoop and dancing close to futuristic space balls. Fire is seen in the video, and one scene in particular is very well directed. We see Natalie dancing while a explosion takes up the other half of the screen. We also see five male dances in helmets which instantly reminded me of Bomberman. Maybe they borrowed that idea?

Overall...

The song is extremely catchy! Very commercial in some ways and also down right repetative. Although the production may feel unoriginal and recycled the lyrical content and the song itself make up for it. The song may not be as good as Evacuate The Dancefloor, but I still note this as on of my favourite Cascada tracks to date!

• pennywa published 19/03/2011
    why does Richada thisnk this was about food?
  • kevin121 published 06/03/2011
    An impressively 'good' review, although i'm not familiar with Cascada. Rachael.
  • RICHADA published 06/03/2011
    Whilst not my taste in music, this was a very food review. R.