Queen´s Park Rangers

Queen´s Park Rangers

Review of "Queen´s Park Rangers"

published 27/04/2001 | andycharger
Member since : 02/08/2000
Good
Pro Once were a good team
Cons Slipping through the divisions
Physical Effort
Skill
Are they fun to watch?
Quality of defence
Quality of attack

"The missing Strikers."

If you are a journeyman striker, sooner or later you will walk through the gates at Loftus Road.
There you will disappear into a black hole of obscurity, never to be seen again.

This seems to be the trend of this once good club.

Buy lots of strikers and dont worry about the rest of the team.

That is why they are slipping into Division 2 for next season.

At the end of last season, Karl Connolly was brought in from Wrexham (my team). At work we talk about football and our respective teams quite a bit.
I was told, by a QPR fan, that connolly would dissappear within 6 months.
Laughing at his suggestion I asked why.

He said " every year, QPR buy about 10 strikers. All of whom play crap and dissappear into the reserves. You never hear from them again"

I said Karl would be different, a real aquisition for his team.
How wrong I was!

I think he only played a handful of games in mid season and dissappeared just like he said he would.

So i think the problem here is consistency.

I have noticed about 10 names in the paper playing up from for QPR this season, just like my friend said.

This is not the way forward.

You cannot chop and change a goalscorer just because he does not perform for a couple of games.
That is what QPR do. No one gets a decent run in the side so no one has any confidence...
Think of the strikers at the club....
Ian Dowie ( well sort of)
Peter Crouch ( playing well at th emoment but for how long?)
Karl Connolly (where has he gone?)
Ross Weare (waiting for his break, into obscurity)
Chris Kiwomya (swapped in and out of the first team)
Rob Steiner (swedish striker yet to make and impact)
Samuel KoeJoe (Who?)

I wonder how many of them will still be there as they drop from Division 1?

Some will go as they will want a better standard of football.

Some will go as they are just not good enough to be playing league football.

Better standard of football include, Chris Kiwomya,Gavin Peacock, Danny Maddix and Steven Morrow are not likely to stay.

Its a time of transition for QPR and I cant see them coming straight back up.

Ex West Ham goalie Ludek Miklosko looks a cert to stay. Division 2 is about his standard.

• Dawson published 01/05/2001
    In response to your crushing comment on my Polo review, I hope you note that Comments may be written on the understanding of three rules, listed when you write a comment. You have failed to 'avoid personal or offensive remarks.' I note this with deep regret. I also add that QPR's striker trouble will deepen when Peter Crouch is sold to Sunderland.
  • scottyk published 27/04/2001
    Its a shame to see this once great club slipping into liquidation and ultimately the trird division. the club is riddled with so many problems that they might never come back up as they will have to sell all their good players and replace them with a poorer standard. You have to feel for Holloway.

Product Information : Queen´s Park Rangers