Rackhams, Shop

Rackhams, Shop

Department Store/Shopping Centre

Review of "Rackhams, Shop"

published 31/10/2002 | khodgetts
Member since : 07/10/2002
Pro None
Cons Cant order on line

"Bridal Service"

Not very nice to say but to all those who are thinking of using the Bridal Service at Rackhams... think again! I was recently invited to a friends wedding, inside the invitation was a slip informing all guests that they had set up a Bridal List at Rackhams.

I tried on several occasions to call the store but the phone rang out and no one answered, eventually after 5 attempts I managed to get through only to be told that not only could I not order on line, but that they would have to post the list out to me. OK so it doesnt hurt sometimes to do things the long way round, a couple of days later the list arrived. I made a choice for myself and a colleague, again trying to call through to the branch. Eventually a week after receiving the list I managed to place my gift choice for the bride and groom. I was told that the gifts would be in stock and would be delivered after the big day as requested by the Bride and Groom.

Imagine my horror 1 week before the wedding day when I received a call to say that they had not taken my choice of gift out of the stock room and that it was no longer available, I had to make another choice and hope for the best.

Now you might say "one off" or even "it happens", well I thought so too only to find out after the event that it happend to several other guests.

I then found out that the gifts which were to be delivered "wrapped" and "gift" tagged for the Bride and Groom were infact wrapped in brown paper and the tag was infact a small piece of paper which had been scrawled accross, several of the presents had arrived chipped/broken as they had not been packaged properly.

I have used bridal services before, Beatties, M&S, John Lewis and even argos, all have provided and excellent service and I have never heard that there was a problem with any. Rackhams has a good reputation it is a shame that their bridal service does not match this!

• SueMagee published 01/11/2002
    You would have thought they could have done better than that - it's such an opportunity to make a good impression.
  • northern_lights published 31/10/2002
    Sounds like a very poor service. Thanks for the information. Janet