Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol

Review of "Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol"

published 23/11/2017 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro spacious
Cons none
Cleanliness
Service
Facilities

"a housekeeper walked in on me and I was just in my pants..."

Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol

... now there's an opening line for you! I recently stayed at the Radisson Blu Bristol hotel. I was not there for long, only overnight stay but it was one of the better hotels I have stayed in for a few reasons.

Let's get this one out of the way
Yes, so getting ready, in my pants and the housekeeper just walked in to my room, said "Oh" in surprise then ran back out. I thought it was a bit bad that she just walked in on me. I heard a noise which may have been her knocking (a sort of tapping) but had ignored it as I was in the bathroom and was not expecting any visitors! I am not sure to this day what she wanted.

So other than that...
The stay was fine. It was a lovely big room even though reception called it standard, I thought it was above that level. My co worker got an upgrade so she had extra things in her room like coke in the fridge (the fizzy variety!) and a robe and slippers and sleep pillow spray.

Check in
Back tracking to check in, it was easy and fast and I was offered a choice of bath or walk in shower. I opted for the former. There were only two lifts serving 16 floors and one was out of order the whole time we were there, so we waited ages to get to our rooms. I was on the fifth floor so used the stairs once I had got my heavy case up in the lift.

Toiletries
Of course the first thing I check out is the toiletries and I was not disappointed here. A range of "This Works" items were in the bathroom which is a great brand. I was happy about that!

Plenty of...
towels and pillows were provided. Tea and coffee and a hot choc were also provided but no biscuits. There was a nice armchair that automatically becomes the wardrobe and a desk chair as well. A large flat screen tv at the end of the bed but I never even switched it on and a weird wall mounted bench under it that I would not have dared sit on but used to hold my bags and other items.

Charging
No plugs by the bed! Most hotel rooms do this and generally I use my phone as an alarm and need it near me but want to charge it too. So I pack a power bank now so I can do this. Readling lights by the headboard were good though.

Bed
The bed was huge and the linen nice and clean and crisp. It was very comfy and I slept really well.

Breakfast
Choice was great and modern touches in the restaurant. Chalk writing on the slates made suggestions and a light box wished everyone a happy weekend and was clearly customised each day which i thought was a nice touch. There was a coffee machine, and jugs of coffee which tasted great. Hot breakfasts you could serve yourself and a specialist menu with some tempting hot chef prepared breakfasts which my colleagues chose. I went for a few items off the grill as I am vegetarian I could go for more mushrooms and tomato so I was happy to do this. There were plenty of healthy options if you were feeling good.

My thoughts
My colleague had five calls from reception during the night which she had not requested and nobody spoke to her so she was understandably annoyed about that but reception did not admit their fault when she checked out. I think there were a couple of points the hotel could have improved upon but overall the standard was good and we were happy with our rooms and the meals served there. If I were to revisit Bristol I would choose to stay at this hotel again.

PS. Room rate - work paid but the room and breakfast rate was around £103 for one night. I would expect to pay a bit more as a private customer as we get bulk rates on chain hotels from work.

• Angela150 published 29/11/2017
    Excellent review. Please rate some of my reviews if you get time as I have not reached the payment threshold yet.
  • euphie published 27/11/2017