Rage of Angels - Sidney Sheldon

Rage of Angels - Sidney Sheldon

Review of "Rage of Angels - Sidney Sheldon"

published 21/03/2006 | workangel
Member since : 20/03/2006
Pro Memorable characters in a very gripping tale of law. mafia & love
Cons None
Would you read it again?
Story
Characters
Readability
How does it compare to similar books?

"A lawyer, a politician and a mafia boss....."

I love books of all types but I like them well written and when it comes to thrillers I like a well constructed plot with strong characters - and this book has it all.

The lawyer is Jennifer Parker who is a bright young lawyer, beautiful with a very good legal brain. A simple mistake at the beginning of her career brings her to the notice of the Mafia.
The Politician is destined for the very top - the Presidency is not out of the question - and he is married. His meeting with Jennifer and their subsequent relationship is at the heart of this book.
The Mafia boss is also married - but totally besotted with the lawyer and wants to bring her totally under his control. His jealousy and her aloofness create unbearable tensions.

The book follows Jennifers rise in her profession and her growing reliance on the mob, while her attachment to the politician gets ever stronger.

Strongly written with well developed characters you can believe and a powerful storyline this book is very hard to put down. Jennifer is highly believable and very easy to identify with. Its quite unusual for the main character is a thriller of this kind to be a woman unless she is a secret agent or super policewoman. Jennifer is very feminine and very intelligent and emotionally strong as well - independant as well.

The strong sexual undertones are well written as are the more explicit scenes - earthy, and basic and to the point, so to speak.

The politician vacillating between his duty and his feelings for Jennifer struck a chord, bearing in mind what appears daily in the press regarding politicians and their private lives. I felt that he really did have a dilemma, rather than just wanting his cake and eating it.

I enjoyed the mobster with his certainty about himself and his ability to get his own way - he is a great foil for the conscience ridden politican.

I rate it as one of Sheldon's best. I will defintely reread it several times.

• Soho_Black published 29/03/2006
    A lot of Sheldon's stuff blurs into each other, so I can't be sure if I've read this one. I know I shouldn't read stuff this trashy, but he's so good I can't help it.
  • 6chris6 published 27/03/2006
    A helpful review, I think what would have made it very helpful to me would be how long the book is, whether you could put the book down or not and how long it took to read...chris...
  • jesi published 24/03/2006
    Another well written review ~ if you were classifying this ~ an 18? or a 15? ~~~ Again, as a prospective buyer I would have liked to know how long this is ~ number of pages/chapters ~ how long it took you to read; what led you to it in the first place; cost and availability ~ .................................................................................................... ~ Surprisingly, the first thing I noticed was that the picture is of the AUDIOBOOK (read by Susanna York ~ whom I remember as Samantha in the old TV series "Bewitched" I used to watch while babysitting) and immediately checked the category to make sure it really was the written and not audiobook we were supposed to be reviewing ~~~ I would have liked to know how well it had been read so it was a slight disappointment to realise that, once again, Ciao! have got the picture wrong! ~ .................................................................................................... ~ ♥ ~ jes ~ ♥♥

Product Information : Rage of Angels - Sidney Sheldon

This is Sidney Sheldon's fifth novel, repackaged to accompany his memoirs, "The Other Side of Me". Jennifer Parker is brilliant, beautiful and bold. A lawyer, the most glamorous and successful in America, she dominates the court with her sparkling intelligence and persuasive charms. She seems unbeatable - but is she really? When Jennifer falls in love, she can hardly believe her luck. Adam Warner is handsome, smart, destined to be the next President of the United States - and married! Jennifer falls pregnant and yet is determined not to allow her broken heart to get in the way of her success. But she soon realises that being alone makes her more vulnerable to those who are determined to destroy her! Sidney Sheldon gives us his greatest character yet in this bestselling tale of power, love and intrigue.

Author: Sidney Sheldon