Rage of Angels - Sidney Sheldon

Rage of Angels - Sidney Sheldon

Review of "Rage of Angels - Sidney Sheldon"

published 04/12/2006 | YoMoron
Member since : 13/11/2006
Pro Thrilling and clever.
Cons Maybe Sheldon-ish type.
Would you read it again?
Story
Characters
Readability
How does it compare to similar books?

"Angel or devil...."

If my memory is not as bad as everyone usually describes, I got this book 2 years ago from my cousin after a silly bet about my dog and her cat. They were in a fight and we both insisted that our own pet would win. Then WE came in the fight and we arranged that whose pet won, the owner would have whatever they liked from the other. Her cat ran way after a while and I got this book (though I needed some strength to enforce her doing her responsiblity as a loser). It had been my cousin's favourite book (that's why I chose it!) and I did enjoy reading it. I told myself at that time that I would definitily read it again when I had time. Then busy with everything else, I forgot all about it and just got in touch last week when I was cleaning around. I've fulfilled my desire and decided that it would be a sin not tell any one about that great story.

Jennifer Parker was a law student or more precisely had been a law student. She had found a job in a local Court and everything seemed to be in order, she was brilliant, it would be the start of her bright career. She expected it so badly, her first day at work. Though she didnot expect it to be the last day.

Jennifer had been chosen. She was new and naive enough to be a puppet and a substitute for Michael Moretti - a Mafia don. Her life went hell.

Then the story goes on as Jennifer had to keep on living no matter how shit her life was. It was really an adventure. A colourful adventure with up and down, happiness and sadness, love and feud, right and wrong. I dont know if I should feel sorry for her or should think that she deserved it, dont know if I admire her or I'm digusted with her, dont know if she was good or bad, dont know if her way was right or wrong because it seemed like it was the only way. Sometimes, life is so narrow and we have no choice to choose. And that point, it can change our lives forever_ the twist of life.

Reading this book, I was amazed about Jennifer's bravery and cleverness, so clever that make you surprise all the time. But mostly, I was impressed by her noble love and her sacrifice for whom she loved. They were two men, Michael Moretti and Adam Warner, once love, always love. And her son. She willingly gave up her career, her pride and even her soul for him without a slightest hesitation, it was like she lived her life just for him. Motherly love is so unreasonable and so incredible!

I love Sydney Sheldon books. He was unbelievably clever to create all those clever plots and clever details. This one is so interesting to read, you follow Jennifer to the Mafia's world, to her crimes, into her life and her mind and cannot get rid of it until the very end.

• Ali1000 published 03/04/2007
    Do I detect a tiny bit of tongue in cheek? If not, your review would benefit from some spell checking and not so much preamble about why you read the book (although my money would've been on the cat...it may have run away but I bet it was plotting a sick revenge).
  • Sgathach published 11/01/2007
    I haven't read this one I don't think, but my memory is terrible, I like Sydney Sheldon so if I come across it, I'll read it.
  • ultrafrosty published 29/12/2006
    Well done on yet another good little book review. I believe my first ever Ciao review was for The Time Traveler's Wife - which I cannot recommend enough! If you haven't already read it, you should as it's amazing! Derek.

Product Information : Rage of Angels - Sidney Sheldon

This is Sidney Sheldon's fifth novel, repackaged to accompany his memoirs, "The Other Side of Me". Jennifer Parker is brilliant, beautiful and bold. A lawyer, the most glamorous and successful in America, she dominates the court with her sparkling intelligence and persuasive charms. She seems unbeatable - but is she really? When Jennifer falls in love, she can hardly believe her luck. Adam Warner is handsome, smart, destined to be the next President of the United States - and married! Jennifer falls pregnant and yet is determined not to allow her broken heart to get in the way of her success. But she soon realises that being alone makes her more vulnerable to those who are determined to destroy her! Sidney Sheldon gives us his greatest character yet in this bestselling tale of power, love and intrigue.

Author: Sidney Sheldon