Rated R - Queens of the Stone Age

Rated R - Queens of the Stone Age

Rock & Pop - StudioRecording - 1 CD(s) - Label: Interscope - Distributor: Universal Music - Released: 12/06/2000 - 606949068325

Review of "Rated R - Queens of the Stone Age"

published 16/01/2004 | kepler3001
Member since : 16/01/2004
Pro Not just your average rock CD.
Cons Last song drags on for 8 mins 40secs.

"Monster in my parasol!"

If you need an album to clear the demons from your troubled mind then this is the album for you. When I first listened to this album I could not believe the stunning originality of all the tracks. You won't find another band that sounds anything remotely like The Queens of the Stone Age.

From start to finish this is a gem of an album exceeding their previous works tenfold. Some memorable moments include the hypnotic and dizzy 'Better living through chemistry' and the soul shaking 'Feel good hit of the summer'. For the most part ‘The Queens of the Stone Age’ remind me of Nirvana crossed with a little bit of the eccentricity of Led Zeppelin. Some really heavy rocking tracks are mixed with more mellow and subtle songs which means that this is an album you con leave on in the background and allow it to drift into your conscious.

In a nutshell this is an album that should grace everyone‘s CD collection. I cannot recommend this album highly enough and five stars simply does not do it justice.

Track Listing

1. Feel good hit of the summer.
2. Lost art of keeping a secret.
3. Leg of lamb.
4. Auto pilot.
5. Better living through chemistry.
6. Monsters in the parasol.
7. Quick and to the pointless.
8. In the fade.
9. Feel good hit of the summer (Reprise).
10. Tension head.
11. Lightning song.
12. I think I lost my headache.
13. You think I ain't worth a dollar, but I feel like a millionaire.

• Miles13 published 09/03/2004
    I own this baby and when the world is pissing me off this is one to play!!! Milt
  • Hummy published 16/01/2004
    It's a fantastic album, like you say it should take pride of place in many a CD player, one of the few bands that are uploading the true legacy or Rock, without all the corporate Businessman taking over.
  • patriciat published 16/01/2004
    Never heard of them - but if it helps my troubled mind I ought to find out more. Pat.t