Rated R - Queens of the Stone Age

Rated R - Queens of the Stone Age

Rock & Pop - StudioRecording - 1 CD(s) - Label: Interscope - Distributor: Universal Music - Released: 12/06/2000 - 606949068325

Review of "Rated R - Queens of the Stone Age"

published 20/10/2000 | recieve3am
Member since : 19/09/2000
Pro Musically brilliant.
Cons Might not suit metal fans who don't see good music(i.e. korn, slipknot fans give it a miss). Wish it was longer!

"Rated R - Great"

I have to say firstly that this is probably the best album that I have discovered all year. I think that it has aspects that can appeal to rock, punk and metal fans, well seeing as I have got most of my friends with differing music tastes to like and many to buy the album I feel I can say this with confidence.

The vocal prowess and guitar simplicity, but excellence of Josh Homme(formelly of Kyuss) must be heard, along with the bass lines that could only come from the individual talents of Nivk Olveri (funnily enough formelly of Kyuss as well) help to make this one of the best albums of 2000, well though, executed and sounds great.

I first heard of Queens of the Stone Age earlie in the year, when they were generating a big buzz in the metal scene, but I have to admit I took no notice. It wasn't until I heard two tracks from the album at a friends house(the excellent Tension Head, and The Lost ~Art of Keeping a Secret), after hearing these tracks, which probably are two of the best tracks from the album, I decided I had to buy the new album that they were taken from - Rated R. So off to buy it at my local store (Dericks Records in Swansea if you must ask).

I would recomend this album to any metal or rock fan, it is very intellegant, and sounds excellant.

• retireduser published 07/06/2009
    Good review for your first. ^_^
  • evilalarm published 13/06/2005
    Interesting review. could have some more detail, but enjoyable read.